Supermarket annoyances and self-checkouts

Just the blonde Swedish one. Well, I call her my nurse anyway.

2 Likes

If I were Jason Staton in a film about supermarket, heads would roll…
not the staff but the people :see_no_evil: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Not Supermarket related but a change of procedure at the RUH Bath Pharmacy.

I had a appointment the ENT department yesterday for an ongoing problem with my left ear.

The Consultant carried out the usual visual inspection of my ears and as previous a camera inspection of my Nasal passages she concluded that the left ear looked angry but couldn’t really define what was causing the problem.

I informed her that it also effected my jaw when it was at it’s worse she then decided to refer me to another consultant for further tests but would prescribe some ear drops.

For the last twelve months or so Consultant’s have sent prescriptions to the Pharmacy electronically so I toddled off to the Pharmacy gave my details and was excepting to be handed a slip of paper with a number on it?

The young lady handed me a electronic device about the size of a small mobile phone which had some red flashing lights and vibrated saying that it was being activated and she would buzz me when my prescription was ready just outside the pharmacy were some chairs so I sat down and waited and waited!!

After about twenty five minutes or so I muttered golly gosh this is taking a long time or words to that effect when I looked into the pharmacy it was empty so I approached the young lady and enquired about my prescription.

She replied that I have buzzed you three times but upon checking my device found it was not working so she put it in a box with the other ones that were not working !!!.

The ear drops combined with my Naim system are certainly soothing my left ear this afternoon.

2 Likes

We had a similar experience having ordered some food at a ‘restaurant’ with a faulty box that didn’t alert us when the food was ready to be picked up from the serving area.

You also have to wonder how much these devices cost the hospital to lease/purchase and how they are any better than calling a name/number or showing it on a display for the majority of patients.

Looks as if they have contracted out the running of the hospital Pharmacy to the Lloyd’s Pharmacy Group as the handsets were marked with the Lloyds name.

I hope it’s the out-patient pharmacy only - would hate to think of a commercial pharmacy running around the wards checking things.

Some of our pharmacists/restaurants simply text us when our order/table is ready. No need for expensive or faulty gadgets to be employed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.