Supernait 2 upgrade options - what next?

You’ll be pleasantly surprised with the HiCap.

Pay attention to how the cables run and avoid loops. Give it a few days to settle and ideally leave
it powered on all the time, when it’s not in use it’s not pulling much power anyway.

With the Hi-Line, once it’s connected each end pull it back out just a few mm till it gives some resistance to keep it free moving in the socket

2 Likes

The HiCap Arrived as I was finishing the last post.

I did think it would need a couple of days or so to bed in. Initial thoughts is that I’ve lost a little depth in terms of soundstage, maybe a dip in musicality but I’ll let it be for now to settle in.

I’ve pulled the Hi-Line plugs back 2-3mm now as well.

Probably obvious but make sure the HiCap is the first thing you switch on and the last thing you switch off. It’ll need a day or two to settle, on a SN2, I’d expect it to tighten up the bottom end and to open up the mid/upper mid soundstage a bit as well.

1 Like

I’ve found the interconnect brings more clarity and detail through a reduced noise floor and the HiCap more control and cohesion. Have fun.

1 Like

When I added a Hi-Cap DR to my SN1 I didn’t notice a loss on bottom end, but it got soo much tighter and faster and lost a load of boom that was annoying me.

Also it lifted the sound stage a good bit vocals seemed better placed and a bit more pronounced.

That’s just what I noticed initially, could have been other things that have got better over time.

2 Likes

It’s been running a couple of days now and both the Hi-Line and the Hi-Cap seem to be improving nicely. Tighter and Faster at the bottom end is probably a very good description as to what I’m hearing.

Between the Hi-Cap and Hi-Line, I’m very happy with my current setup. I’ll sort out a plinths next followed by power cables a little later I think.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.