Supernait 2 which streamer?

You need to get a .pdf copy of the manuals, you can find these in Customer Support - touch this link … Product Manuals | Naim Audio
Th NDX & SN2 can be linked to control volume & other things with a feature called System Automation, its all in the manuals.
You will need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm mini jack cable to connect each units RC sockets.
This enables control with both the remotes & the Naim app with smartphone or tablet; a single remote can be used to control both units,

Thank you so much for that information, much appreciated, should the sound be so loud at such low volume, it is barely on the 7 o’clock position

What are your speakers, how large is your room, how far are you from the speakers

Edit: I see, PMC 25 23. I.e., not overly sensitive at 86.5dB/1W/1m.

No, it should not be very loud at 7 o’ clock, I’d expect volume to be very low in fact. How loud is “so loud”? I know it’s difficult to describe. Can you install a dB meter app on your phone? They are not super precise but should be good enough for giving us an idea

The NDX line output is 2.1V, this is typical of most modern digital devises such as CD players & other streamer brands.
My Supernait (1) volume position doesn’t have much movement to go very loud, but as indicated by Suedkiez, it also depends on your speakers, mine are 83dB/m.

I have the same amp/speakers, “loud” for me means above 10 o’clock - but I listen mostly to classical music. “Loud” means unrealistic.

Going by my Nova, which is rated 80w, i think its loud for the 7 o’clock position on the sn2, i dont have another source to see if its the ndx, out of curiosity, what cable are you using to conect the amp to your source, and speaker cable your using

I’m not sure that rated power is relevant here. The interconnect is a HiLine, and the speaker cable Tellurium Black - but again, that is not going to make much difference.
I listened to some piano music earlier on (the late Radu Lupu), and it sounded just right at roughly 10 o’clock.

Sorry, I’ve been busy and haven’t been online. I’ll have a look my cables and connections tomorrow. The NDX and my NDS should connect the same I thimk. My volume is normal … Around 9 to 10 o’clock for regular listening. I’ll post tomorrow.
And the system automation is great as @Mike-B said. Did you get that connected and setup?

I am waiting for a 3.5 mm cable coming today, I too am using Tellurium Black 11

1 Like

I will do that today, I guess the volume is no great thing, just loud at low volume setting

It’s just weird that it seems to be so loud at 7

1 Like

Got a 3.5 mm cable, connected it to the sn and ndx, but it doesn’t seem to do anything, I thought I would be able to use the remote that came with the sn to control the ndx

Anyone knows what I might be doing wrong, with the 3.5mm cable between the sn and ndx please

Have you enabled ‘System Automation’?

For 1st gen. streamers follow this guide:

1 Like

Thanks for the link, I have looked at it, but just can not get my thick head round it, I have enabled system Automation, all I really want to do is, control both the sn2, and the ndx with just the one remote

Hi. You’ll need to download the online manual for the NDX and that will clearly explain how to do the setup for system automation using the remote and the NDX screen. It’s quite simple when you have the instructions.
Good luck.

I’m not sure what you can’t get your head around, but whatever you are missing something if all you want is to use it with the remote; System Auto comes to life with a tablet or smart phone using the Naim app. How are you browsing web & server without the app?
Have you configured the NDX ‘Settings’ yet?

1 Like

Recommend an iPad & Airport Express, use a DAC if you want… the Airport has a superb DAC already….

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.