Supernait 3 inputs / buttons / remote

An embarrassingly dim question, but why do the Supernait 3 buttons, inputs, and remote not match up better?

How does one select av, phono or aux via the remote?

Supernait 3

Front

• cd
  • tuner
  • stream
  • av
  • phono
  • aux

Rear DIN

• cd
  • tuner [currently connected to my Rega Fono MC]
  • stream [currently connected to my Naim NDX2]
  • av
  • aux
  • bi-amp

Rear RCA

• cd
  • tuner
  • stream
  • av
  • phono
  • sub (out)

Remote

• pre
  • rec
  • cd
  • tun(er)

Because Naim :wink: It’s everywhere, love it or hate it

1 Like

I think you’re confusing the “function” select buttons pre/rec/cd/tun that determine what kind of device the remote is controlling, with the “input” select buttons, which pick an input source. On p16 of my SN3 manual, it says with the remote in pre mode, the inputs can be selected directly using the number keys, or stepped through with the ff/rew keys.

Andrew

2 Likes

Exactly. With the remote in pre mode it’s a case of pressing the relevant number from 1 to 6, or cycling through the inputs with the >> or << buttons.

1 Like

If I listen to something on the NDX2 (Qobuz/Roon) via the SN3 all is good. If I stop the music (via Roon), after a period the NDX2 goes “to sleep”, but AIUI the SN3 doesn’t.

At the risk of being dim, why then do I have to reselect the NDX2 on the SN3 if I come back to using the NDX2 later in the day (Qobuz/Roon)?

TIA

That has not been my experience. As long as I have not selected another input on the SN3 in the interim (e.g. cd or phono), as soon as I resume Roon playback with the NDX2 as the selected “target”, it wakes up on its own and plays as before. Never have to touch the SN3.

1 Like

This is vey strange. I have just come to my system, and saw that the SN3 had “CD” lit; I used the SN3 remote to select “STREAM” (by pressing " pre :fast_forward: :fast_forward: "). At this stage the NDX was off.
I then selected a track via iPad / Roon and the SN3 reverted to “CD” and at the same time the NDX woke up & started playing - but no sound (obviously).

Pressing " pre :fast_forward: :fast_forward: " again on the remote and the sound came.

I am not normally a technophobe (far from it), but I have no idea of why this should happen! :fearful:

I saw you got this sorted in another thread, sorry I couldn’t help more, I don’t use System Automation, didn’t even think to look there.

1 Like

@lectern - not at all, and thanks for your help anyway! B Rgds.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.