Supernait 3 speaker hum

Can the wire from the oppo casing be connected to the ground plug of the power strip or is it better to run it to a screw to the outlet screw instead?

The other comments recommended attaching to the wire to the source instead of the SN3. If I connected a wire to the ground of the SN3, can that wire be attached to the ground of the power strip plug that goes into the outlet. The SN3 is plugged into that power strip.

I haven’t tried that but it would probably work.

Thank you to everyone. Problem solved. My dealer recommended a plug from Home Depot that solved the problem. Connected the wire from the Oppo chassis to the ground connection of the plug. No more ground loop. No more hum, including with the HDMI that I have running from the TV to the Node.

6 Likes

The best result, problem solved, lots of advice and no snark.

How are you enjoying your SN3 now? I’ve got one and it’s a beaut.

1 Like

Loving it. Probably should have bought an SN2 at the time I bought the Norma but it was good in it’s own way. The SN3 out of the box though bests it. Home right now with COVID so have been listening non-stop since yesterday (besides sleep of course…lol). I’m listening to tracks I’ve heard over and over and I am hearing what I wasn’t hearing before or at least hearing it differently, in a way

3 Likes

Interesting but what exactly is the ‘ground connection’ of a plug? I see the 2nd photo but still do not understand. And which type of wire is used? I face the same issue since I swapped speaker cables. And i also have TV and blu ray linked to my ND5XS2 source, amplified by SN2

I see you are from the Netherlands Jan. The ground connection in Dutch: ‘de aarde aansluiting van een geaarde stekker’ (Phase - Neutral - Earth). Ok? :slight_smile:

Bedankt :). However still not sure how to do it. I will have a look today.

1 Like

If you want a similar arrangement as pictured above, it’s really easy and cheap. Let me know if I can help.

1 Like

You can use any kind of wire you want. I used left over wire from the installation of a new garage door opener. You strip one end and ground it to the case. In my situation, the was to a case screw on the Oppo. The other end is screwed into the ground termination on the plug I bought.

I’m the US, that’s the roundish plug underneath the two flat prongs.

I see, and that plug is a spare plug put in a spare socket?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-15-Amp-125-Volt-Double-Pole-3-Wire-Grounding-Plug-Black-R50-3W101-00E/205165472?cm_mmc=ecc-_-

1 Like

Silly me, blu-ray was switched on and power not connected properly. I did not notice this but must have happened accidentally when rearranging some cables behind the cabinet. Anyhow…hum is gone :).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.