Supernait 3 Specifications

gthack, It’s the cable manufacturer that has raised
the question. I’m working on obtaining more information. I’m calling Totem Acoustics this a.m.
for clarification.

Thanks, just seems a weird question. Could they tell you an acceptable slew rate from their perspective?

Not weird in that it has no effect, but weird in that it isn’t a commonly published spec of any amplifier, as far as I know anyway. And unless they can tell you what a “good” value was, I wonder why they even need to know.

I remember that the SN3 and XS3 both improved over their predecessors in terms of a doubling of slew rate, but don’t recall any numbers ever being mentioned.

gthack, Thanks for the follow-up. Some manufacturers do list the Slew Rate and damping factor on their products. Anthem Audio does. There STR Integrated shows a Slew Rate 30 V/μs
and a Damping Factor (20 Hz - 1 kH 330. I’m still attempting to find the Naim specs. I did locate this…“Most amplifiers (even the cheap ones) should have a slew rate above 6.3 V/µs. The seemingly high slew rates of most amplifiers are simply good engineering. Having a slew rate that yields a maximum frequency well above the audible range will pretty much eliminate any potential errors and unwanted distortion whatsoever…”

2 Likes

One of the improvements in the SN3, over the 2, was a doubling of the slew rate. I’m sure @110dB could tell you the exact figure.

1 Like

I once asked the guy working at the local fish and chip shop what is his slew rate.
He said “Yes, I’ve got my skates on”

4 Likes

HungryHalibut - How do I contact @110dB?

Hi @Gracie.1 ,

I tend to pop on the forum in the evenings. If you message a question I’ll do my best to answer. I hope to be free around 10pm this evening.

FYI We do not publish slew rates (and many other technical measurements).

I see you talk about another amplifier above. The SN will do the same. Technically that is enough speed to drive a 70W amplifier to 7x higher frequency that can be heard.

…however the SN pre-amp section filters ultra sonic frequencies and the slew rate limit cannot be hit. (to measure SR at Naim we remove all input filters).

Best
Steve

8 Likes

Greetings Steve - Thank you for the response and technical information. I feel you along with the other forms members have sufficiently answered my query. Armed with this new information I’ll continue my discussion with the cable manufacturer.

2 Likes

Which cable are you looking to replace Gracie?

Wow!

Shunyata Research.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.