Supernait 3 upgrade options

Opus - thanks for the feedback. I’ve run into a couple of salesman that have tried to push me into the stratosphere. Tiny steps for a while.

3 Likes

Wait until you’ve been on the forum for a year.

3 Likes

Have fun with your music and trust your ears! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, krautnaimie! Have a great weekend!
Caio

1 Like

You are welcome! Thanks, same for you! :champagne::wine_glass:

1 Like

The SCDR does optimise the 282 so to say that it is only relevant if you intend progressing to a 252 isn’t strictly true…
Not to mention Snaxo or Superline…

@Svetty you understand how much a SCDR is in the USA?

I believe (tautology noted :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
I’m not saying that a SCDR is necessarily a sensible upgrade, just clarifying that it does have a number of potential uses as part of an upgrade pathway apart from the 252.

2 Likes

Expanding my vocabulary! Thanks… :+1:

1 Like

Agreed!

Good day - Katzky2021. I’ll get back to you in 365 days, God willing.

1 Like

Update - this morning received my Fedex tracking # on my new Supernait 3. Yesterday I purchased a well cared for used Naim DAC. I purchased it from a Naim dealer. The Naim DAC, the 2009 version, fully tested, 60 day warranty. Has all new firmware to accept 192/24 files. My intenion was that since Naim’s CD5SI wasn’t a very good player and offered no upgrade options I looked for more something with better connectivity, and I wanted the Naim sound. It comes with the original carton, power cord, standard interconnect. My intention is to use Ayre cx7emp amd my Oppo bdp105 as transports. The Naim DAC offers 4 coaxial inputs, 4 optical inouts and 2 Usb inputs. I’m looking forward to getting it cabled properly. Now saving for a power supplies.

12 Likes

Nice decision, have fun with your gear! :+1:

Should be a fine sets up, for sure. Enjoy.

Great call Gracie.1. From a user with a similar setup I can assure you it’ll sound fantastic IMHO (my ears, room, speakers etc). I also use my Oppo 105 in the exact same way and was in shock at how good it sounds as a transport into the NDac. Very versatile unit for the rare CD listening session(which is not often at all). Now the hard part is waiting for your SN3 to arrive! Take your time, give it a few months before thinking about upgrades etc.

Is the CD5si not a good player ?
Is it just the lack of upgrade opportunities?
Thankyou.

Thanks - krautnaimie. Looking forward to the setup.

1 Like

Thank you - krautnaimie. Looking forward to the setup.

1 Like

Hello Neilb1906 - No disrespect to the performance th basic CD5SI - it just didn’t leave me with any upgrade path. That was my decision to cancel the order. I want the capability to grow the system, slowly and financially.

1 Like

Thanks Mike!