SuperUniti B&W PM1 issues

I’ve suffered from similar issues so it took me a long time to figure it out. Not surge if your mains extension had surge protection.

Welcome! Beware for upgraditis, however you are safe for a while!

1 Like

Hi Richler
Thanks for the explanation, my Superuniti in my study is plugged into a Russ Andrews powerblock without any kind of protection etc. And then into the wall socket, but that wall socket also powers an iMac, NAS,Netgear switch, BT router via a very cheap surge protected vertical extension block with the dreaded neon indicator! It’s difficult to access so not simple to unplug as it’s behind a large desk unit. I’ve never been quite satisfied with the Superuniti(Neat Iota speakers) so I’ll try the chassis/floating switch and eventually remove the iMac etc extension block. Maybe try plugging the Superuniti into another circuit in another room with an extension lead as an experiment?
Chris

Well Chris, I’m clearly no expert, otherwise it wouldn’t have taken 7 years for me to spot the issue with mine, but I’d definitely say it was worth unplugging everything else and just leaving the SU plugged in on its own. Then toggle to ground switch (just in case) and see if any of that makes a difference.

If I’m honest, I really didn’t expect it to make any difference to mine, but it really has.

It has honestly made the difference between me wanting to listen to my music, and not.

SuperUniti is sounding great now (to my ears anyway).

Good luck with it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.