Superuniti vs Uniti Atom

The SU will find BubbleUPnP server on your network. So as long as both devices are connected, which they would be in any case, you do not require a direct connection from computer to SU. This is a good solution if you already have a computer or NAS on your network that can run it.

My NDX display faded after 7 years. It was always set to the minimum on period so I wouldn’t count on careful use preventing eventual failure.

If the OP can secure a Superuniti which has had the display replaced it may be OK in future as Naim have had to source a different display as the original one is not obtainable any more.

I owned a SuperUniti before upgrading, and I also own an Atom. For a main system I would choose the SU over the Atom every time. The SU’s amp is superior in terms of SQ and substantially more powerful. I never had a problem with streaming (from UnitiServe, Spotify and Tidal). I’ve never used either wirelessly so can’t comment on their capabilities in that respect. The Atom is a wonderful bedroom / second system, but the SU is s genuine enthusiast’s piece of kit.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.