Sure would be nice to find that tab

I’m 64. Sure. I could take a course in managing apps and maybe a programming course. Personally tho, I was a construction worker all my life, I have a few bucks. I play guitar. I love music. I’d like to look through my music and pick what I want to hear. I just, after stumbling around, saw an icon (it was second from the right in the upper right corner of the app where the search icon usually is) in the upper right of the app I hadn’t seen before. (what? Hell…I saw it and clicked on it, what was it? Don’t remember., And it’s gone.) I’ve been looking for 30 minutes to try to find the mysterious sequence of clicks it took to make that magic tab appear. No avail…and damn. That was the ONE FRIGG’N list I’d really like to work from. Now, this isn’t Naim’s problem. I’m an idiot. But I really wish Naim realized there are idiots like me out here, that are interested in their products (I own a QbV1/ Atom/ and their cousins the Focal Chora 816s) (oh…plus, the screen on my week old Atom locked up for a while and I’m considering swapping it for a Nova; saleperson said “you know they are twice as much”…uh…yeah…) but are really frustrated by them at the same time. Speaking of the Qb, it is connected to the router and it showed on the app when I opened it-for a while. Now it’s gone. Ah. Another mystery. Great. Oh. And now the volume doesn’t show on my Atom screen when I adjust. Assuredly, this idiot did something to screw it up. I can’t even ask an intelligent question. Anybody wanna buy an Atom and Qb? I’m gonna buy an 8 track at the flea market…

-this is largely for your entertainment, but…as with every joke there is a grain of truth. Or as in this case, a shovel full…

1 Like

Nurse!

2 Likes

Good Lord I just found it…

So. I was amazed at the three dots (above the menu choices) that never seemed to move so I started tapping on them again. I’ve touched them before but they didn’t do anything I thought…but ah…this time they did. They switched the options at the top. At the middle dot Qobuz appears on the left of the options. And there’s the icon in the upper right instead of the search icon. Ah…and when I scroll down to artists (under Qobuz) there is an alphabetical list of my artists. A list that starts with A. There is another list (when I click artist from the first dot on the left…lol) and that is opposite. I tried to see if the z-a could be reversed there but didn’t see. And I’m OCD as hell…when I hit a wall my brain short-circuts. Ha…you think you’ve got problems…so anyway…when I click Qobuz the little (it’s a Qobuz icon btw) appears.

Now, of course I realize the software designers are laughing at me because they designed their menus to be accessible to 4 year olds…

It was all a plot…and it worked. I just swapped the Atom for the Nova. The sales associate said it’s a rabbit hole…The Nova is on order.

1 Like

You have no idea how deep it is my friend

1 Like

Just a comment: for ease of use, design, functionality, not to mention info and lyrics nothing is as good as Apple Music. No comparison. With Apple, the only thought in my head is what to listen to. With any other source I have to deal with the cumbersome design of their libraries. For instance. Want to go to an artist? Say The Joe Smith Band? OK. What’s it under alphabetically? T? J? S? B? Who knows. Oh. And you need scroll through the entire alphabet in order to get to S? (With Apple touch to the right and jump to the letter…) Pain in the ass. I often forget what I wanted to hear before I find it. Naim’s and Qobuz’s aps have the alphabet in opposite order. A-Z or Z-A…

So if there’s a way to modify libraries I’d love to know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.