Swapping systems between rooms

I think I would describe it as all sounding more open with additional separation between the different instruments and voices, bringing the whole frequency range into more focus, with a particular benefit at the lower end (I put this down to the combination of the drapes and thicker paneling behind the speakers).

I think it’s a combination of reducing and dispersing reflections primarily which can be done with some fairly simple treatments that can get you well down the road with treatment.

Now for the 252/250 :scream:

1 Like

If you’re comfortable in the smaller room, assuming the Forests are a good fit, I’d put the big hardware there if it were me. It sounds like it’s a place where you can listen when the bigger room is getting used. And the second system will likely sound great in the bigger room as well. Edit - never mind lol

1 Like

Well, it has worked out quite well in the end, with a 252/250 yet to come :sunglasses::scream:

1 Like

Wow, just read the bit about the DRing of an olive SC. That should be interesting. :smiley: That’s a good jump from the SN2. I went SN1–>SC2–>252 and that was a leap.

1 Like

I hope the 252/250 will work in your new room. But difficult to predict.
However, even if not, there is always a possibility of smaller speakers.

1 Like

My dealer is confident it will be fine as the speakers work with the SN2 in that room, he did feel that a 300 would warrant bigger speakers in a larger room to do them justice.

Anyway, I have the smaller Totem Hawks upstairs in the lounge with the Nova and they would be fine on a 250 I think. I might take them downstairs and try them in the smaller room on the SN2 and new system for fun anyway.

2 Likes

Hey Sweetie @frenchrooster - half way to the final system now: sounding lovely, but needs the 250 to round it all out.

3 Likes

I am waiting for your 250 dr. Curious on your impressions. And I hope it will still sounds good in your room. If too much bass, you can eventually swap your speakers. We will see.
( ps: I needed a break from the forum, but I am back)

4 Likes

Content de te revoir! It’s a slow boat to New Zealand at the moment, I think Mike is being very patient waiting for the 250!

2 Likes

Nice to have you back @frenchrooster, I hope you are well.

I’m still waiting for the 250, we’ll actually waiting to even here whether the order will actually come. But, anyway, I’m pretty confident it will be fine, as the 252 with the SN2 as a power amp is working very well. If the 250 doesn’t arrive, I’ll have to reconsider the options.

1 Like

Welcome back young man, hope you’re well.

2 Likes

Thanks you both, @Pete_the_painter and you. I am fine. Today the shops, bars are opening. I received my first jab too. New life returns, as the weather. In Paris we had a very long autumn since November. In a few days summer will begin, and tomorrow I am going for holidays with my wife in the south of France, Hyeres, and Porquerolles principally.

I hope you will receive your 250 dr soon. Things are longer still…due to restricted number of people in the factories probably.

2 Likes

Hi FR, you were conspicuous by your absence, nic to know it was nothing serious. I look forward to the occasional good natured difference of opinion that marks normality in this hifi world!

2 Likes

I use a 250DR with my 552 and it is great. I am sure the 250DR will work well with your 252. IMV the 250DR is underrated and you only hear it at its best with Naim’s top notch pre amps and sources. After all it amplifies what it is fed - rubbish in , rubbish out, and all that.

Looking forward to your feedback when it arrives.

Oh, and welcome back @frenchrooster.

3 Likes

Thanks Nigel.
I wanted to point previously that I have no doubt about the wonderful musicality of the 250 dr, be it with 282, 252, 552, or even Ear 912.
But Mike system will receive more bass than now, with his SN2, and it may, or not, be a problem. Difficult to predict. The bass can even be more controlled and clean vs before, or be overwhelming.
Mike room is a bit problematic, if I refer to what I read in this thread.
Finger crossed :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

And today the 250 slotted in with the 252 and the end game has arrived. Five black boxes of glorious hi-fi. Totally stoked:

12 Likes

Very nice indeed. Bet it sounds as good as it looks.

1 Like

Congratulations Mike with putting the last(?) piece of the puzzle in place! Your system is looking mighty sweet…

2 Likes

Awesome Mike! Let us know how it goes as it settles in :metal::metal:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.