SWMBO Anniversary/Christmas/Birthday Present(s)

Yup. She doesn’t like me messing about with her TV/Soundbar/PVRs(she’s got 3!) while she is there, so it means that solving any of her problems usually means doing it after she goes to bed, before she gets up, or if she is out.

Haven’t succeeded in getting her Sonos Soundbar to find my QNAP NAS. I think it’s because I’m possible using the wrong path for it to find, and I’m not sure of the QNAP’s name, also what path do I specify (I’ve tried its IP address) Do I tell it to look in Multimedia (where the music is), or do I tell it to look in AssetUPNP?

It may all be moot anyway, as she texted me earlier today (no visitor allowed on her ward) to say she’s changed her mind about having the music available to her in the living room … sigh …

I have the same short term run of events as well. Mine starts on 21st December. Luckily, we both agreed about 20 years ago not to bother with Valentine’s Day (although I usually take her out for a meal on that day)

Books? I don’t think she’s read one (let alone thought about writing one) for more than ten years.

Again … lockdown protocols may still affect things

We usually stay at Sunny Coast in Qawra (pronounced owra - the Q is a glottal stop in Maltese}
We prefer self-catering, as we are both owls rather than larks, and often don’t surface until 10am!

Qawra is relatively easy for street parking for our hire car (except on weekend evenings when all the Maltese seem to descend on the coastal areas!} So we usually don’t go anywhere else from Friday to Sunday. Also only 5 minutes walk to a fairly decent supermarket (Trollees) in Bugibba.

As I’ve said before, my wife is Maltese - although I met her when she was nursing in Sidcup, where I was doing a locum pre-reg house officer job before doing my first 6 months as HO at Edinburgh Royal. Married her 4 months after I met her, and here we still are 49 years later. She’s typical Maltese : black hair, brown eyes, olive skin, whereas I am very fair-skinned and was a redhead before I went white!

She’s only been away from me for 2 days and I’m really missing her already. Communicating mainly via text message ATM.

very true, SWMBO currently has a Lush Spa Day ticket on hold, but I think it’s valid for a year, and anyway Lush are extending the expiry date until the crisis is over.

Thanks, I went to school in Malta :malta:

I have a great fondness for the Corinthia Palace as it is very much old Malta :malta:, I am aiming for second week in July for the festa

As someone with a totally knackered knee , I hope her situation improves

We usually go in September. July/August is a bit too hot for us, although it does mean we miss the Lija fireworks/festa. However, we still usually see the Zurich or Qrendi event.

If we manage to go next year (hoping to, especially as Joan (maiden name Giovanna, Antida, Agnes, Cristina, Maria Galea!) would like to visit here elder brother’s grave (he died recently). That will be in July/August, because I want to take our kids/grandkids with us. It’s been a while since they saw their relations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.