Synergistic Research Ethernet Switch

“probably”?

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Could be worse, could be the sort of person that spends £1000 on a pair of socks with rubber stuck on them.

1 Like

Not sure what I can add that’s not on the Innuos site. It’s a large quality toroidal transformer with high quality regulation and caps (Mundorfs if my memory serves me, which isn’t always the case - and they’re certainly more than a fiver), then its a very high quality oven controlled crystal oscillator and also sockets on the back (not gigabit for lower noise) which are mounted using silicone to isolate from vibration - the list goes on, including the vibration isolating feet and their layout, not to mention the layout of the components on the circuit board. Innuos really have considered all the details.

All of that’s more a matter of curiosity for me, not least of all because I only half understand it. But the thing really lifts the SQ, affecting all areas from dynamism, definition, texture and clarity through to microdynamics and PRaT. It takes a least a day for it fully settle in (mainly the OCXO, I believe) and does take a while to burn in. I also leave it on all the time.

2 Likes

Thanks Michael, it was more detailed than me :+1:

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ll take 2 pairs! (Size 10)

The beast has arrived, box was the size of a Naim classic unit, switch weighs a fair bit, carbon pretty much all over, just hoping the location i had planned works, as this is far bigger than i expected. Also with amatching power cable that is beastly.

3 Likes

Thank god it’s carbon you need lightness and strength in this application

3 Likes

Surprised they didn’t fit a carbon whale tail on it and “go faster” stripes!

2 Likes

So my placement plans spectacularly failed, the switch and cables are too big or thick to nicely route, so I had to dump the SR switch on top of the Zenith, which is probably a total basket case.

I think I need another fraim shelf or some floor mounted stand for the SR switch away from the Fraim.

Thoughts so far for what its worth, greater air and decay, does put a kind of tension thats emotive, also the poise the bass, vocals have is very natural. But minor overall.

SR cables and fuses take 200hrs and are a roller coaster, but i need to fixe placement as a switch sandwich between the Nova and Zenith on a two tier Fraim is no good and the cables are running next to the power cable.

Swapped to a local ripped JuiceWorld album, hearing better instrument and vocal and backing singer placement, bass is dreadful. Shock though swapped to Qobuz same album it’s better.

Volume seems lower, at the same setting.

1 Like

What a mess and i dont mean the dust on and around the Fraim.

1 Like

Keep strong @obsydian , don’t listen to the trolling posts. I hope you will encounter a great uplift in sound quality. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

If we did my freind we would never get the enjoyment and just be part of the sheep flock.

I dont take it personally, forum is to share warts and all, which i find you do and always challenge the norm.

1 Like

I’m keen to hear the outcome despite any ribbing for what it’s worth. It is Friday after all :partying_face:

Not sure if the guys who don’t get fleeced for 2.5K for a basic switch are the sheep flock.

I also don’t think it’s healthy forum culture that everyone who does not extend congratulations for getting fleeced are labeled trolls.

But whatever, your money
/out

7 Likes

We agree to disagree here. I agree that we don’t have to expect congratulations each time we buy a product. Ok, it’s normal.
But receiving responses which tend to ridicule a component a person is enjoying, only because he doesn’t believe in it, without even tried it personally, it’s not polite. Sorry. It’s non scientific too. So I tend to call that trolling
But I feel it’s not worth discussing more, as it’s always the same and by always the same people in general. I don’t count you.

5 Likes

Yeah but I also don’t call anyone a troll just because they argue for ridiculously overpriced switches, it would be just as warranted (or not)

And you have to agree, the carbon fiber casing and the whole amp-like look is purely for extracting money.

But hey, there is now a Nordost switch that is even more expensive and it is round, I’m sure that is to remove digital edges :wink:

Anyway, I kind of promised to let everyone have their fun and I did manage not to post about audiophile Ethernet cables for a year or so. Sometimes it’s just so hard.
I’ll try harder and stay out of this

4 Likes

I’m sure every one of us has bought something related to a HiFi hobby that most sane people would fall off their seat in shock at, so whether the comments are congratulatory, curiosity, or challenging, we’re all here for the same reason and in all but a few isolated cases are well meaning folk.
Coming from a technology background I do take an interest in individuals motivations to explore this aspect of their systems, what they are looking for and ultimately what they find.
More an observer than a contributor in this domain but of interest mainly in relation to my day job activities.
Your system is what you the owner want it to be or become ultimately.
Fish fingers for dinner.

2 Likes

Innuos extracted me 3k euros with their switch. I am grateful for that. :grin:

4 Likes

If you’re happy and enjoy what you end up with that’s all that really matters.

1 Like