Synology nas 218 and artwork on ndx2

thanks, despite the installation of Asset, several music folders do not show the cover art. If I understand what you are telling me, I have to copy an image from the cover (from which Amazon site for example ) and then create a sub-folder called FOLDER.JPEG…folder that is the name of the group that is indicated. I tried to do this but when I want to deposit the image in this new folder ( included in the general folder where the musical pieces are located ) I cannot paste the image. I don’t have the option.

No the image file doesn’t have to go in a new sub folder. Just in the album folder with all the music files. So you would have all the tracks in the folder and at the end a file called folder.jpg with the image of that album.

If it were me I’d forget all about folder. Just embed a jpeg in each track. If you highlight all tracks of the album, fire up dBPoweramp and select ‘add album art’ it will look on the internet and find a selection. There are then three little dots to press that enable you to reduce the size if the suggested picture is too big.

I’ll say it again, one last time, you must EMBED the art .jpg in the metadata.
You can do this with dBpoweramp or Mp3Tag or any other metadata editing program

You can put the .jpg in with the music tracks if you want, but that’s just for storage purposes. You can even discard it, but only first embedding it in the metadata.

Well done Mike, very restrained!!

1 Like

I notice that dbpoweramp puts a .jpg of album art in each folder. Is that belt and braces? I.e. it embeds art in each file and adds the .jpg?

I’m just ( re) playing with dbpoweramp. U used to be an iTunes person, but I think I have just changed my mind.

Yes, it does both. I delete the folder.jpg before copying from the laptop to the Qnap.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.