System Pics 2019

The speakers have a pair of rubber domes at the back and an adjustable brass dome at the front. They are just sitting on offcuts from our kitchen Lino to protect the floor.

1 Like

Love that water view/waterfront!

2 Likes

We have a little bungalow on a peninsular on Whangarei harbour.

15 Likes

Thank you, Bobthebuilder!
I have never made a critical comparison between the Pioneer RT909 and the other sources in my Naim system (MacMini/DAC V1, CD5i, Linn Axis). The R2R is part of a vintage Pioneer system in another room. Anyway when recording on reels there is almost no difference between tape and source. I can live easily only with the DAC V1 as a source. I use it most of the time. It’s easier and I have a big variety of albums. But the TT and the R2R are providing different type of HiFi pleasure when in a mood for analog. There is a smile on my face only to look at the R2R, event without working. So in general my vintage system creates very positive emotions, to my ears and my eyes as well :stuck_out_tongue:
ATB,
Ivo

2 Likes

Exactly how I feel about my own RT909 and my Michell Orbe turntable,

1 Like

Hi there :slight_smile: my name is Stefan and i ´m living in germany. I ´m enjoying my nova with tidal hifi, the rega planar 3 and the kef reference 3. here are some pictures. it sounded great for me.

59 Likes

Hi @nemopinnu welcome to the forum. I am looking at replacing m,y speakers and the ref 3’s are in my short list of three at the moment. Did you listen to other speakers when you got these and was wondering what you thoughts are. Nice system as well

1 Like

Yes, i did :slight_smile: the kef R11, B&W 804 D3, dali rubicon 8 and dali fazon f5. My change was from atom to nova and from kef r500 to kef reference 3. i like the sound from kef, the midrange, the highs and the bass are in my environment the best for me from this list and also i like the look :wink: sorry, my english is not the best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@nemopinnu thank you. I have R500’s at the mo and agree I like the sound from them, but they dont seem to be a natural match with naim with people on here. I have short list of the Sx71 and contour 60’s and trying to line up a listening session for them all. Your English is much better than my … well any other language so my hat is off to you !

1 Like

very nice room/view Mike.

1 Like

Very nice system and room!
BR,
Ivo

1 Like

Some lovely homes and system pics here, excellent thread.

First time attempting to upload photos onto the new format forum, so fingers crossed it works! Slightly over exposed to try and show the black boxes vs empty shelves!!

Quite a few changes in the last year, the most recent being the Eklipse base for the record player.

Peter

39 Likes

Hello PedroPete,
Currently waiting on a 5m pair of Witch Hat N2 to come closer to Naim’s electrical specs. Very nearly decided to sell the Cremona Ms due to the room incompatibility. The problem will be finding a suitable speaker that comes close to Cremona level without spending a fortune. Still have my Concertinos from 1996 which still do a fine job.
Had a few exchanges with Bob from Neat who confirmed that several of their models work well in confined spaces.

These ones tempted me some years ago. With a nap 250 they come to life .

3 Likes

Hi, hope everything goes well for you as changing speakers can be a bit of a mine field. For years I’d been considering changing mine to some floorstanders as thought the Cremonas
were getting a bit long in the tooth.
Last year I had a pair of Kudos S20s for an extended home demo and to my surprise the auditors beat them by quite a margin in my room.
It showed me just how room dependant speakers are and doubt I’d buy a pair without a home demo now.
That experience actually moved the speakers from the top of my upgrade list to the bottom, strange how things work out.

1 Like

Lovely setup.

A stack reshuffle, and PMC’s on home trial - they have such a mellifluous sound !

20 Likes

Bet they stay, the pair that I tested did!

Gorgeous system! Looked at profile to see what sources you were using. It appears to be the CD 555 & LP 12. As Simon says, no longer just the analog TT & Digital CD. But Naim’s Holy Trinity:

CD555
ND555
LP 12

A new paradigm!