System Pics 2019

David,

It’s a no brainer. I used to have a Super Wiremold. The Ultra UBL was a clear improvement. Frankly I never would have bought it blind except for the fact that I trust Chris West and the guys at AV Options.

I use the Ultra HBL with 32.5/hc/250 and have also used it with my CB Nait 2, all restored and finely tuned by West. The benefits were clear with both systems: cleaner sound, deeper smoother bass, more focus, easier prat. In other words, more of all the stuff you want. There’s no doubt in my mind your 52/135 system would make good use of it.

1 Like

at USD 1499 list price - they better work i guess…

A tidy up of the system to remove the LS50 AV speakers, now using Focals plus the addition of some isolation for the Naim components and the speakers. Isolation provided via IsoAcoustics Gaia i’s for the speakers and combination of IsoAcoustics OREA bronze and indigo pucks for the electronics. Unfortunately I don’t have room in my extension to accommodate a FRAIM. System sounds pretty darned good if I don’t say so myself. Next stop is to replace the Supernait 3 and HiCap DR with a 252, SC and 300 plus a new house to accommodate. Lol.

18 Likes

:scream:

Just had a move around. Bought an old vintage sideboard so the Superuniti and Phono stage now live in there. Thorens TD160 on the surface which works well. Tried to keep everything else clean and tidy. The speaker cable will need a tidy up but only just got that today so not had a chance to tidy it away at the back

…and I know, I’m not sitting in the right place but our Xmas tree is in the hot seat damn it

26 Likes

Ooh Matron

Screenshot 2019-12-28 at 19.02.51

4 Likes

His new avatar resolution for 2020?

1 Like

Oh nice. I was thinking about trying these. Do they really make a difference? Also how hard was it to remove the front spikes? You have to loosen the glass plate right?

1 Like

The difference is so much as a MKII version of the speakers, :wink:.

The Gaia’s improve sound stage, tighter base and more clarity to the high frequencies. Might be worth you having a listen to this on youtube: https://youtu.be/XwPRls863p8 but suggest you listen to the clip on good earphones to hear the difference. The video is entitled: IsoAcoustics GAIA II Review & A/B Demonstration - Awesome HiFi Speaker Isolators.

Re the spikes they were easy to remove, no issues really they just unscrew from the top of the glass, you do not need to do anything with the glass plate, the screws can be removed once fully out of the engaging thread, just pull to the side of the speaker - this applies to the front spikes, the rears are no issue.

1 Like

I used Gaia’s as well and very happy with them
Be careful to check if you need to order additional “plugs” for your speaker-type. I have Kanta’s and the Gaia’s only fitted when I you order additional “plugs”. It is indicated at the IsoAcoustics website when you use the configurator, but I overlooked it initially :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure my parents had that one, a G-Plan :slight_smile:

They probably put it in the tip too :joy:

Nope.

Hmmm…you must have the Sopra 3. The fronts won’t come out on mine. I’ll have to listen more closely later. Thanks.

Interesting, virtually same design. I assume the screw heads are fouling the speaker enclosure when loosened. Have you tried to manipulate the fixing from side to side to get it loose. I think I had to do a little bit of this with one of my front fixings but it did come out.

If the screws went in then you must be able to get them out otherwise how would Focal have built the speakers. Yes I do have the SOPRA No 3’s by the way.

regards

Ah, that’s probably the difference with the 3’s. Focal just installs the spikes before affixing the glass plate. I believe the plate is held in by Allen bolts.

I would speak to Focal about that or get the retailer that you purchased them from to ask the question. It’s a bit silly of the manufacturer if you have to disassemble the speakers just to remove the screw fixings. Thank goodness that I didn’t as these speakers are blooming heavy to move around.

System Pics continues into 2020, here:

1 Like