System Pics 2020

Using the tape out on my 552 for the first time in 17 years of ownership.

24 Likes

Chris, the tape out socket probably needs running in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool headphone amp, can you tell us what make it is?
Cheers
Gary

Feliks Audio from Poland. Model seems to be „Echo“

1 Like

Thanks, it looks very cool and reviews seem positive!

Gary

Hope everyone here is healthy and enjoy Easter. New speakers and visit from an old friend in my house. These speakers are amazing. I have been using Neat Iota alpha for a long time and enjoyed music on them until I came over these strange looking unconventional speakers. They are called ‘Jern’ which means Iron in danish. A dealer who had naim Ibls for a decade told me he had finally found his predecessor. The Jern! They are 14 kgs heavy cast iron with Scanspeak elements. Very easy to place and absolutely now resonances. They sound like Sbls and sometimes even as Sl2s (I know people will laugh at me). They have gotten rave reviews. Just check their homepage. With the newly serviced nait 2 the music just flows!

68 Likes

And they need a sub to go all the way down. There’s a Rel sub in the right picture which they are tuned and set up on.

If you decide against the speakers in the near future. you could pop out the drive units and pot some nice plants in them.

4 Likes

Is that a Tylko unit?

1 Like

Good idea👍 A bit expensive, though.

2 Likes

Yes, Tylko.

3 Likes

I’m using a Chord Chrysalis cable I’ve had since the late 1990’s. I don’t believe the output section has ever been used! So in a way there should be a break-in process. Never throw away a cable… you never know!

2 Likes

That is my favorite Nait, (followed by the Nait 3). Very, very cool little system.

4 Likes

Very nice Fred11. Really like the classic LP12 and CB Nait2 sitting together. Speakers look interesting too.

5 Likes

Thank you, Yetizone!
When I first saw the speaker It seemed like a life-style-joke. But it really is not. The designer is a very serious and well-known hifi-designer.
F

2 Likes

Thank you, Dr Mark!
:v:

I know at least one person who sold on his 552 for the 912.

Yes, the 912 is particularly good. But with a nap 500dr, I don’t know if it will be better than 552. Not tested however.

Very fair, he was using 509s on reflection. These 1st world problems!

1 Like

Here goes. Over 30 years ago I lucked into a used Naim 32/SNAPS/250 and since then have patiently and slowly changed the system as technology, discretionary income and the appearance of the right used gear allowed. I have now arrived at a server based system: Innuos Zen 2 server, NDS/555, 252/non-Naim PSU, non-DR NAP 500, Spendor SP100s on Skylan stands.

44 Likes