System Pics 2020

Beautiful vases and glassware…
let alone the Saint Julien.

2 Likes

Hahaha I think I’ll be fine. Don’t have any Romanee Conti in there!

Haim,

I’ve always kept all my displays off, whenever possible. Mainly to avoid useless aging. But perhaps red lights last longer than green ones, like when you’re waiting at a crossroad in your car.

I have a costly Pic Recognition Software and I alert you, the baby’s eyes are pointed exactly at the tip of the TT’s cartridge.

2 Likes

They do and blue LEDs have the shortest life of all.

1 Like

My little office system. A Naim DAC V1 and Genelec G2. Sounds very good.

19 Likes

Looks like a super-cool desk system. Please tell us more about your active speakers — not sure if we have seen these before in the Forum. :smiley:

Yes, please do tell, I am very interested - are those the 8010s or the 8030s?

Neither. This is Genelec G2. The G series is their “home” version of the studio monitors, where G1 is the smallest and G5 the largest.
There is no volume control so a preamp or source with a volume control is needed.

The G2 is a two way active speaker built in aluminum (very solid). 2 x 50W class D built-in amp with 105 mm bass driver and 19 mm tweeter.

The rubber stand configuration makes it possible to tilt them and it prevents the vibrations (if you play loud) to propagate to the table.

1 Like

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

Temporary garage system.

Ruark, audiolab with musicworks and Chord speaker cables.
Turkish carpet, carpet world sample and wicker closet box from Robert Sayles.

Source will be an i device connected by its headphone jack through RCA.

Perfect for some youtubed Glenn Miller and Vera Lynn come Friday for a neighbourly safe distancing bunted bash to celebrate VE 75.

17 Likes

I would be very tempted to place a Philips cd 100 in place of the Mac mini!

3 Likes

I used to own an Audiolab amp which I bi amped with their power amp. Very good value for money.

The audio rack looks vintage as well!

Ooh - I used to have one of those Nytechs. They were very good.

2 Likes

I’m too young to remember, but weren’t Nytech amps often viewed as a sort of ‘poor man’s Naim’ back in the day (not that that’s a criticism)?

Mark

1 Like

It was a Nytech receiver back in the day if you couldn’t afford Naim or a NAD3020A if you couldn’t afford that. Then upgrade the LP12 as far as you can before worrying about the amp again. A Sansui and a packet of Rizlas worked too.

5 Likes

You know there’s going to come a time when you’ll need to get rid of that old reel to reel you know. :rofl::rofl::grin:

3 Likes

La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid. Try google translate. Perhaps is there a similar expression in English?

1 Like

I remember that some used to compare Naim ( olive) with DMN amps.

2 Likes