System Pics 2020

The palm indeed gives really a nice effect.
It creates a more relaxing atmosphere which may increase the listening pleasure.

2 Likes

No apologies necessary - looks like a very inviting place, and watching you put the room together has been enjoyable.

Just be sure you are fully on task when you go to water the plant! :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

Beautiful rack, room and hifi!

Wow, serious gastro library!

5 Likes

No apology required, I always enjoy seeing you do the Chord/NDX2 Hokey Cokey. You put the Chord in and take the NDX2 outā€¦ In - Outā€¦ In - Out and shake it all aboutā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

NDX2 is out and helped me bring the Chord Duo and Neat XLSā€™s in (to stay).

1 Like

Thanks Max :grinning:
Its actually a dedicated listeningroom in the basement, a part of a 40 sqm apartment down there. I considered all finishes available, but landed on black. My consideration was, white would not blend in as black and Im very pleased with that choice.

I`ve seen pictures lately, of your beautiful room also, and the new setup. No more Naim?

S

As it stands right now

40 Likes

Lovely!
The Violectricā€™s a bruiser, mine should arrive on Wednesday :slight_smile:

1 Like

That definitely looks better to me than just one box Dunc!

2 Likes

Like it popeye lol
It might also sound better

2 Likes

Thanks Peter.

Itā€™s my girlfriendā€™s place. Sheā€™s a freelance designer. I took stick for snapping before any tidying was done. Best, C.

1 Like

This is our fifth system - the Roberts that lives in Dora. We are camping on the drive!

11 Likes

Is that a pack of playing cardsā€¦proper camping, that takes me backšŸ‘

Not too sure if ā€˜proper campingā€™ involves siting in a warm caravan with all the creature comforts of home.
Luxury for us is getting a pit toilet! :wink:

2 Likes

You are quite right. Mrs HH gets aches in her knees so we have up on tent camping a few years ago. I do miss it, though having a nice mattress with sprung slats is lovely.

In case anyone is interested I will make no further attempts to keep the thread on topic. It causes too much grief and I simply donā€™t need the hassle. This is the tenth year Iā€™ve started system pics and have thoroughly enjoyed it until this year. Iā€™m therefore giving notice of my retirement from system pics and handing over the reins to whoever wishes to do it next year.

1 Like

To get back in topic here is what I have next to my right ear 11 hours a day at the moment

33 Likes

Think itā€™s been a tough a year for all better to make those life changing decisions until we all cheer up.

9 Likes

@anon4489532 Well I for one want you to carry on next year. :+1:

I have to say that you could have made a better shot of the Roberts Radio and not left the bottle right in front of it. Plus the cereal box was distractingā€¦

10 Likes

Halibix and Taylorā€™s Port. You know how to treat a lady!

2 Likes

With the greatest respect to you the problem is not ā€œsystem picsā€ it is the incredible stress we are all under made worse by the lockdown. The fact that you have been camping on the drive illustrates your yearning for you and your wife to get away. We had to give up camping because of health reasons and now our greatest pleasure is day trips to the seaside and even that we can not do because the councilā€™s are still refusing to open car parks and toilets. We should never underestimate the effect this situation is having on our mental health. Hope you change your mind in December and launch the 2021 edition. Apologies for hi jacking this thread. I promise not to do it again.

7 Likes