System Pics 2020

If your bored, a video for the ‘system video thread’ would be great also Tony.

Nice setup!

1 Like

Brilliant! I owe you a beer :slight_smile:
[A]

OR
[B]

12 Likes

Much better now :+1:

1 Like

That’s the 555PS the tt PSU is on top of; I will see if I hear any performance drop from the streamer/player. I’m guessing not.

@Bart wonderful system and will be interested in your comparison of digital vs analog.
What is the black box on the top of the brawn stack?

That’s my Ansuz C2 ac distribution unit. It works well on a Fraim level.

Lovely system Stover, whats the thinking behind the NAPSC on the floor? Have you tried it on the spare Fraim level?

:+1:

1 Like

It’s quite “noisy” and is best kept far away from sensitive equipment.

1 Like

I always put my NAPSC under the base of the brawn Fraim stack.

2 Likes

You will be fine and if you are really worried put it far to the right, as then it will be right over the transformer in the 555, but i dont think it will matter one bit, but its now alot further away from the P10 and the phono stage

1 Like

What a beautiful place to enjoy your music. I took delivery of a pair of Ultimatiun XL6’s a few month ago and could not be happier, it’s a fantastic range of speakers.

1 Like

Agree - Neat ultimatum XL6 one of the best speakers I have owned over the years , as is all the Neat range

3 Likes

I heard the XL6’s with a full 500 system they sounded fantastic.

1 Like

At Harry’s Pete?

Yep, a guy was selling he’s whole system. They were very impressive more so than the pair I audition earlier this year.

Hi Bart,
I know that Nap 300DR + Magico A3 is a great combo, and with NAP 500 - even greater one, but you mentioned that in the beginning you used a NAP 250DR. Would you please share how was it driving the Magico and what are the major differences with the NAP 300DR?

Thank you!

It should be a simple, linear PSU: transformer, rectifier, capacitor, regulator, probably using the less performing of LM317s’ batches. Instead of admitting candidly that it’s noisy and suggesting to keep it away from other equipment, why doesn’t Naim tries a different approach? I’m sure that today more silent SMPS than the NAPSC can be made. But at a cost, probably… The case of the NAPSC is easily ten times more expensive than what it contains.

I correct myself: the NAPSC uses a TO-3 case LM317:

which is better than the classic smaller TO-92 package. It is a sort of micro HiCap: then why is it so ‘noisy’, according to the myth?
Voilà, I also posted a pic.

2 Likes

Hey @mickroberts
I got my Credos about the same time from the same shop!

Does a NAPSC really use a chocolate block to connect the wires ?!