System Pics 2020

If everyone on this forum who felt like this could put it all into perspective, yes, all our hobby is about ‘diminished returns’. Spending thousands for the next improvement is just that. How many topics discuss ‘relatively’ budget systems like nait 2’s and associated gear and enthuse how good they sound. It’s about the music snd unfortunately many on these forums forget that and focus on ‘the next upgrade’. These nap 300 systems are a massive expenditure compared with said nait systems yet all play music very well indeed. That is diminished returns. Yes if you want to spend your money for that fraction of a difference and then try and justify it by stating it’s night and day fine, I’ve no problems with that. Apologies if my opinions hit a raw nerve with some! Enjoy your music whatever you listen with, just don’t try and kid yourselves that ‘diminished returns’ doesn’t enter the equation :grin:

14 Likes

So, this is way off topic so I’ll leave it there, for those wanting to bite, don’t :wink:

You can have the “last word.” Stay safe.

1 Like

Thanks you James, I’m really really happy with them. They are made in the same factory as Sonus Faber, really well fi ished and they sound superb

1 Like

I probably have one of the most basic systems in the thread. I’m not chasing the next upgrade I’m just really happy with the way it sounds. Fair play to those of you with huge budgets and the systems all look fabulous and I’m sure they sound sublime.

49 Likes

Harry was my dealer back when I lived in Sydney - wonderful guy and looked after me so well. A great friend to have. I walked in the store in 2004 to buy some NACA5 and that started the journey through CDX2, 282, Hi-Capm 250, CDS3, 252, Supercap, 300, to CD555, 552 etc. It was fun each time he arrived at home with a new box. The only thing that did not work out was SL2’s. Instead I ended up buying the first pair of Neat Ultimatums sold in Australia from a guy in the Southern Highlands who was distributor at the time. Harry later went on to distribute them. Thanks for mentioning him and bringing back the fond memories of back then.

Here is the current system but older pic from last house.

33 Likes

@SleeperService Plenty of low budget systems here. In fact, I’m so incredibly low budget I haven’t dared post a picture of my lowly rig.
Congrats to you.

1 Like

Well DavidParis, I for one wish you would - there is no good reason not to. (IMHO)

I like seeing all types of systems from those I can only dream to own (and might not even if I had the money), to others that are more budget conscious. I have gone up and down myself between the mid-line and lower Naim hierarchy through the years.

So post away!

2 Likes

I think you can post your system without any remorse. SF Cremona Auditor M is really impressive bookshelf speaker, to my ears and eyes at least. Three times I was about to buy a pair. I really should.

4 Likes

In fact, having looked now at your system in your profile after IvoB’s post, I can state without doubt that it is a system I would proudly own.

2 Likes

David lets get a picture posted! There are quite a number of us on here with SN2 with a streamer which is a fantastic system! …if I do say so myself…

3 Likes

Harry (and Norman) is a wonderful dealer, wouldn’t buy my gear from anyone else.

3 Likes

I really like the sound of your Gold 100s. I would think a great choice for the amp.

Do it David, I love seeing so called low budget systems, takes me back to very happy times.

Just had a quick look and it seems I am not the only one. You might need to consider getting your camera out!

2 Likes

Don’t worry , most of us started off with budget systems and then the feeling of What Next stuck us.

My only comment would be to find a way of separating the Arcam from the Naim.

My first system was a Technics receiver , an Hitachi tape deck and Sony speakers . The Sony speakers were very warm and I remember them fondly.

1 Like

My small system in very limited space. Not sure if I selected a right picture size, it’s my first sharing pics. Vey enjoy looking at the systems of every members here for a long time. It’s brought me to Naim. This is my third system in different location though. Stay safe and healthy. :grin:

56 Likes

Harry and Norman were always such lovely and gracious hosts whenever I would visit Sydney. I remember on one trip in 2007, I’d been away for a couple of weeks, first visiting NZ, then working my way back through Australia and back to the UK via Malaysia. I mentioned to Norman over dinner that while I’d visited Australia a few times I had yet to come across a Kangaroo or Koala. So the next day, we had finished early and in the afternoon Norman and his wife had a surprise for me - they took me to a Kangaroo and Koala sanctuary…

26 Likes

They are wonderful people, I consider myself lucky to have them as my dealer and friends.

1 Like

Been dealing with Harry and Norman since 1985. The service they provide is quite unbelievable . True legends in the world of Naim retailers

2 Likes

Here also a basic system, it’s where you expect it.

Enjoy your set, that’s where it’s all about :+1:

19 Likes