System Pics 2020

Hi Mick

How do you rate the Cyrus phono stage and psu? Did you compare it to others.

System looks wonderful!

Thanks.

Dan

I’d be interested to hear your thoughts when you have chance to dem. It was tempting to wait for the 20i - I only got these back in April, around when the new versions were announced. Also being in the US, i decided to take a discount on the outgoing model rather than waiting - knowing the capability of them and the risk of whatever tweaks dyn had made to the incoming version.

But don’t let the power cables touch the rack, thats worse than having the boxes further back.

I’m still using Nac A5 with a Quad/Dynaudio combination and it works great Nac A5 is still a good quality cable with or without a Naim amp.

@SpurrierSucks I sold off a Naim system too there are some fantastic sounding systems out there for well under ÂŁ1000 I currently have a ÂŁ200 hand built passive pre and a ÂŁ500 (used) Quad QSP power amp which drives the Dyns properly

In fact it’s great fun researching and buying a new system there are some excellent one man bands out there producing quality electronics for very affordable prices if your handy with a soldering iron you can build a fantastic DIY system (sadly I’m not).

1 Like

No doubt soon there will be a similar wall paper but with records.

Here you are.

1 Like

I want some !!!

Old fashioned???

I wonder if it comes with authentic urine smell? Very urban.
Sorry for thread drift.

I see the height is quoted on that web page to be 250m. Only suitable for extremely tall rooms?

Hello Dan
I researched phono stages and found a fantastic offer on a new Cyrus phono.
I am very happy with it, a really big step up from what I had. The versatility is also a real bonus.

I don’t browse different dealers and try different options back to back until exhausted all options as there’s so much on the market and would take a huge amount of time/travel. Many comparisons wouldn’t be possible anyway so it’s all relative.

I added the psxr2 which improved clarity and in hifi terms was very good value imho.

2 Likes

Thanks Mick,

It’s good to see something a bit different. It has very good reviews and am glad you’re happy with it.

1 Like

Pipdan - are they StillPoints under your Fact12 feet? If so, how do you find them??
Cheers
Matt

Not sure if anything changed since I last posted pics, but as the camera was out:

And here is the room it all lives in:

Can’t leave the garden and view out… down here in Cornwall the stuff on window is called liquid sunshine

52 Likes

Nice system and what a view👍

You could astrophotography with a country garden like that!

Phil

2 Likes

Good old British summer. Must have been fun fitting that TT shelf to that wall. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Matt, they are the ISO Acoustics Gaia III. The floor is a raised wooden one and booms a lot, the feet totally removed this. The effect reduces the soundstage somewhat but in a good way as its much more controlled, refined and clean, less “rock concert by the speaker cabs”. Cheers, Phil

Thanks @Gazza, we consider ourselves very lucky to have great music, kit to play it on and live in a beautiful part of the world… even if the weather is a bit iffy sometimes

1 Like