System Pics 2020

Thanks for your kind words, the ProAc D30RS sound mighty fine as well, and they are Cherry.

I started with a pair of ProAc D2’s a few years back with my NAIT XS 2 and loved them. I heard the D30RS speakers on a Demo night at the dealers last year and loved them. They will go very well with your SN3 if you ever want to move to a pair of floor standers.

2 Likes

The Office System:

M

12 Likes

Just sitting outside the ‘study’ ( or general do everything room) and listening on a system first put together over 30 years ago. Not the best placement for anything but sounding oh so good, even outside. The sound just carries without excessive shouty volume effects. Bliss from Naim. Who could have known from that first wander up the Tottenham Court road and Billy Vees et al.

9 Likes

Billy Vee was where I got my 42.5/110.

If you look in the photo above you can see a CB140 hiding behind the right Wharfedale Diamond.

I sold my forty year old-ish Kans a couple of years ago, seemed a waste to just have them boxed in the loft!

1 Like

Thumbs up for Billy Vee - have been buying all my hifi from them since 1990

1 Like

What do you have your speakers on if you don’t mind me asking? I have mine on spike and cup feet but reflections from the desk are still a problem. Been looking for an angled desk plinth for them to no avail.

Gaia III’s . On my old hardwood floors, they remove the bass bloat and tighten things up.

looks very stylish- what make are the racks?

I’m definitely a lucky guy: I’ve never been able to stay without a stereo whatsoever since 12 years old but have not one day of my 67 years wished I had children. Silly and cynical possibly, but at least my stereo has never called me 'old ahole’ and has never f*ed me off.

1 Like

Hi FZ,

Nothing fancy, a pair of Studio Monitor Acoustic Small Isolation Foam Pads from Amazon. They don’t give quiet enough pitch so while I am waiting for a second pair to arrive I am using two pair of speaker spike protectors under each speaker.

but at least my stereo has never called me 'old a hole’ and has never f *ed me off.

Based on many years of experience, I find children are not a prerequisite for either of the above scenarios :joy:

3 Likes

So you’re as lucky as I am.

what brands/model are these speakers ? They look awesome.

Hi Max, having raised 3 children I have never had above language used against me, and if I had…:bomb::point_up:t2:BOOM Peter

I thought much the same

but then I realised I’ve never HEARD such language from my offspring.

1 Like

Me too Crispy!

Thanks! They are Anthony Gallo Nucleus Reference 3.1

There’s a favourable review on 6Moons https://6moons.com/audioreviews/gallo5/ref31.html :smile:

They sound great and have taken every upgrade I’ve thrown at them in their stride. No more speaker upgrades for me.

1 Like

I don’t think Max is the kind of person who listens to hip hop, but if he would, within minutes the mentioned words would be considered very mild :slight_smile:

The racks are original Fraim racks. They are a significant upgrade to the rack I had before…

1 Like

Gorgeous room setup!