System Pics 2020

I had to brush off my German - and thank goodness for google translate - but I think that’s what you meant:
Very attentive. Yes, it’s a home-made hifi table! The Nagra sign is actually a chain pendant, a souvenir from the Munich High End fair! I attached it as an eye catcher! The Nait 1 has taken the place of the supernait and it can stay there! I really like the sound! I want to have it recapped in the foreseeable future! But it still works perfectly! : +1:

Excellentemundo!!!:sunglasses:

1 Like

:+1: Thanks! Perfekt! :blush:

1 Like

Looks deceptively simple, but a lot is going on.
What are the seven items under the main table ?

In lots of ways, that’s what I go on line to see, an interesting system - a Nait One attached to a computer driven system - then Harbeth P3 ESR ( I would put the grills on though)

1 Like

Please tell Diesel that he is most gracious! I promise to look at the pets and system pics thread in future and will book an eye test in the morning.

Thanks. Poor wee thing has suddenly got very ‘old’. He’s 15 next birthday and we’re not sure he’ll get there. Sleeping occupies most of his day now.

G

They are door stops that prevent our robot vacuum from driving too far under the hi-fi rack!

1 Like

I prefer to listen to them, but then they come back on them! For the children alone. Otherwise it is too tempting to go with your fingers. EhrBut to be honest, they are well behaved u. Leave my system alone! :blush:

Ah I have Harbeth P3 ESR and the grills have only been off once to see what is underneath - that’s how I recognised them

They are very individualistic speakers, or another way Marmite speakers .

I think you would be surprised how good they can be when fed with higher power than the Nait (and I really like your system)

Best wishes and thanks for sharing your system

Don’t mind the Spurrier Sucks name. Being a Gator, thought you were a UGA guy. Glad it’s Clemson. Knowing him, he would approve. =).

How are you getting along with your Contour 30’s? Almost same setup 282. Thinking about changing.

B

1 Like

Great space Graeme. I like the speaker stands painted white. ProAc tablet 10’s are throughly enjoyable, a total musical experience. I bet they sound great in your room.

1 Like

Thanks Chris! The stands are those my dealer recommended from speaking with Proac.

And you are right…It sounds fabulous!

Best wishes

G

1 Like

Good Morning All,

My system has now moved to the next stage with a pair of fully modified Isobariks. Previously I have detailed acquiring a pair of Briks already fitted with Scan-speak Illuminator 15WU/ 8741T00 midrange & D3004/ 662000 tweeter units.

I have since acquired a very late pair of standard Isobariks with the ‘Kustone’ modifications and had these machined to take the Scan-Speak units and removed the KEF B139’s and replaced them with a set of Keltik 014/1 woofers.

I have also moved the amplification around a bit so that the 2off NAP135’s are driving the tweeters and the 4off NAP250’s are driving the midrange and woofers. This also entailed moving the pre-amp and SNAXO up one level as the SNAXO interconnects couldn’t reach across to the XLR sockets on the NAP135’s.

The Briks are, IMHO, a very good speaker but ones requiring an awful lot of ‘support’ to get the best out of them. Additionally driver technology has moved on since 1973. Linn themselves replaced/ upgraded all the drive units over the years so this is just taking things a stage further.

Next up will, probably, be looking to drive each woofer directly using, currently, spare channels in the 4off NAP250’s.

Regards

Richard

27 Likes

C30s are gone along with my Naim gear. Loved the combo, best I’ve owned, but decided to downsize my system and try out some other gear. Currently have Hegel Rōst with Dynaudio Excite X34. Added a TT, Rega P3, and have been buying too many albums lately. 282 would be great with C30 and I’m positive they will let you hear what it can offer.
Only thing possibly worse than those dirt peckers is a Dawg. Lol

2 Likes

Wide angle with the iPhone; perspective’s a little funny!

62 Likes

Lovely room Bart.

1 Like

Thinking my rack placement and cable dressing might not be 100% perfect

31 Likes

I’m inclined to agree with you. :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like

Is the Connect good enough as a transport (streamer) for the rest of the bunch? Thanks.

Yes but least you won’t have to walk on the expensive rug. :rofl::rofl::rofl: