System Pics 2020

Thanks for the kind word.
I enjoyed the 200/202 for over 5 years and then, when SN2 came out, I decided to down size and go match it with NDX1, and that was a few years ago. I have been a faithful Naim follower over 10 years now. 200/202 had more of the ‘original Naim sound signature’ - the most of the PRAT. The SN2 is more ‘musical’ and more easier to the ear if you have an extended listening. Too much PRAT gets tiring, that is my take. I do 30% vinyl and 70% NDX1 (with the Synogy NAS via ethernet), the sound is much better now than USB stick. Thanks to the Naim community that helped out with the setup. Happy listening.

4 Likes

Maybe you ask @Richard.Dane whether he would allow you to “update” your username – SN2NDX1Audiovector… Though you better resit changing your system too often… :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Good Evening All,

My pre-used Quadraspire stack is slowly ascending with the acquisition of another shelf and set of 140mm columns so the CD player and DAC are now off the top of the streamer.

Am now thinking to split the NAP250’s and Supercaps in to their own tower (which I believe is considered a good thing???).

This then gives me an issue of where to site the LP12, might have to look at a Quadraspire wall shelf??

The alternative would be siting the LP12 the other side of the hearth?? Maybe not such a big issue as it is fitted with a Urika 2 so a slightly longer ethernet cable isn’t the end of the world. Will need to get a new longer NJC ordered.

Regards

Richard

14 Likes

Linesberg, i read your interesting comments and efforts made to treat acoustically your room.
You have a great system which however deserves a better rack, with ps not sitting on the same rack. It would uplift considerably your sound.
But probably you know already that and a certain WAF doesn’t enable it ?

I have no intention of splashing out on such as a Naim Fraim set-up. I’d rather put the money towards a Klimax DS/3.

I have another Quadraspire shelf and two sets of columns due to arrive soon. I need another set of spiked feet and some more Quadraspire QX7 floor protectors in order to set up a third rack.

I do have another problem as I was listening to Trentemøller’s ‘The Last Resort’ and one of the NAP250’s tripped. There is a fair amount of bass energy inherent in this album.

Further evidence that you do need NAP135’s to properly control Isobariks me thinks.

Regards

Richard

I’ve not had that issue with 250DRs on my Briks. I recall tripping a single CB250 but not after I went active.

The DS3 is great. I understand.

The third Goddess?

The God would be the resolution of the DCS Vivaldi/ upsampler/ clock with the refinement of the Linn DS3 and the musicality of the Nd555.

That’s a very very beautiful rack full of olives. Seing it makes me turned on especially with that green naim logo. Props to you for making something so beautiful

If u like Olives…

Cds2/xps/01/52/supercap/135s

67 Likes

With 3 teenagers that will enter into university next year, my Boss at home will NOT allow for any future audio upgrade, Period, for the next 20 years. Hence… no need for ‘username’ change. That is a real deal, :cold_sweat: :exploding_head: :tired_face:

3 Likes

You could also put your 2 X suoercap and Linn ps on the right rack, the lp12 on wall shelf, and the ndx, 3X 250, snaxo, 52 on the left rack.

Yep, been there, done that, so I understand you perfectly, and it will be a long wait!

That is so neat man, very beautiful especially the way you set it up on the Fraim.

You can’t be driving things hard enough… :grin:

I do want to try inserting 140mm columns between the NAP250’s to give them more breathing room first though…

Regards

Richard

Your lovely system has been the inspiration for my last 12 months of hifi spending. Always loved the Olives and main system now standing at cds2/xps, 82/sc, 250, sbl mk2. Getting Fraimed (same config as yours) later this year and on the lookout for 135’s.

2 Likes

Ha ha. Possibly. Maybe if I lived in the middle of a field :grimacing:

1 Like

Nice to someone else with Dibbles out in the room.

I thought you had a SN2, not SN1. Ergo, SN2NDX1Audiovector…