System Pics 2020

That would be a nice step forward :+1: especially now with the new R serie. :grin:

Cheers,
Kacper

1 Like

Pretty much all change this year with the speakers, Gold note A6, the latest addition and a very fine addition at that.

20 Likes

The Technics 1210. I was at Hull uni around the turn of the millennium and volunteered with the ‘Technical committee’ - we had a monster 20,000 watt PA system that we set up for DJs and live bands. We had four 1210s that took a regular hammering at the hands of many a DJ and I don’t remember any issues in the three years I was involved - very fit for purpose.

1 Like

Crap, I was just looking at and reading about that Technics TT, and it disappeared! :no_mouth:

I was just editing, Mark! Apologies

No worries Tony - it was pretty funny, really.

Apologies to Mark, here is the deck back on. The more subdued SL 150 and an SME arm. I also had an SL 7 among others. I have always been a great admirer of the simplicity and robustness of their decks. Apologies once again.

11 Likes

I can’t recall the exact model, but that looks very much like one of my first Technics TTs form the 70s or 80s. I believe I had an SL-23 also (?). But those controls look exactly as I recall one of mine.

1 Like

After the success of the DD tables, Technics released a load of belt driven TTs.

Not sure of date of release but the SL 23 was one of them. Competition was fierce in those days. Maybe you had an SL 120(?!)

Of course, there were the SL 1210, 1300, SL7, etc among great decks!

3 Likes

Looking around the internet, although I also get confused because I did some swapping with my brother, I think I had an SL-23 and an SL-1500.

My brother also had one of those Technics TTs that had the controls on the front-top of the plinth, outside the dust cover. Never much cared for that look myself. Plus the controls got really dusty.

5 Likes

The SL23 I owned in the past

Was a fool to sell it.

Very good table IMO

1 Like

What did you do with your Titan 808’s? Was is a difficult choice to let them go?

As always…a spectacular view. :+1:

1 Like

Oooh, classic Technics turntables. They’re worth a thread of their own. There’s just something about them. And their reliability is legendary. I admit I’m somewhat biased as I have somehow gathered a small collection over the years; SL-120, SL-1200, SL-1200 Mk2, SL-1500, SL-1500 Mk2, SL-150 Mk2, SL-1700 Mk2, SL-DL1, SL-7, SL-10, and maybe a few more I’ve forgotten about…

Favourites have to be the SL-150Mk2 and the SL-1700 Mk2, although if I could only keep one it would be the SL-150 Mk2., which brings back fond memories of being a radio DJ back in school in the US. It was just such a joy to use and tough as nails.

This picture is linked from the Zstereo website where you can read about the deck.

9 Likes

This is a new use of the word “small” which I’ve not come across before

19 Likes

He is also “normal” height

:small_blue_diamond:@Richard.Dane,…Which is your “normal” height,.as Gazza called it.?

My “normal” height" is 190-191cm,.but I understand you’re taller.

/Peder🙂

I think we’re about the same height, Peder. But now we’re drifting off topic, and I see there’s a shiny new thread for that over in the Padded Cell…

5 Likes

My system as it stands in 2020. Not really any upgrades planned except maybe other speakers… :thinking:

42 Likes

I’d be looking at a proper stand first. You’d be surprised how much potential performance you are missing out on.

2 Likes

Thank you for the humour @Richard.Dane

Appreciate.