System Pics 2020

Wonderful listening room and setup RackKit :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Alex, Something wich is not extreemly expensive, but made a very very impressive upgrade to my overall system, is disconnecting the system from the overall power to a separate power group. So a separate group for audio from fuse box to the wall outlet. And bring special audio cable to the wall outlet.
You can play with fuses, wich are most preferable for your system. All together a little investment and a few hours of work. At least, if your home has a crawl space to bring the cable from fuse box to wall outlet. And if you have an open group left in your fuse box.
Once you have done this, you see, how much effect the totaal power on audio has. It is not voodoo. I think that from the 100% of people, who did this, 99,99 % will say it is a very big step in a better, cleaner sound in their system.
So maybe something to try, or to consider in the future

3 Likes

No photos (unless one of the kitties with a bit of speaker in the background). But:

Sources: Oppo BDP93 Blu-ray player, Humax 1100 Satellite Receiver, Chromecast Video wireless dongle and occasionally one of the girls’ consoles (Xbox, or, latterly, Nintendo Switch - impressive indeed was the sight of four millennials (daughters + partners) playing some sort of racing game on a 50” Pioneer screen in full surround! Both Humax & Oppo are wired Ethernet, whereas the Chromecast is wireless.

The HMDI video streams all feed a Meridian 421 switcher then off to the 19 year old Pioneer plasma - screen is still brilliant with no dead pixels, even though the analogue tuner is useless!

The various audio streams go directly to a Meridian 562V+518+565Z3 stack (some optical-digital SP/DIF converters are needed). The speakers are then four DSP5000, DSP5000HC (centre) and D1500 (sub).

So everything Meridian is in the digital domain, and the Communication System goes to all units including the HDMI Switcher, which means that the video & audio streams switch together…
Sound is excellent, but setting up 9 “programmable” units is a right PITA!

I’ve just acquired a 568.2mm that will replace the 518+565Z3, and maybe the 562V as well. I’ll set it up over the next few days, I also want to investigate Meridian’s 621 “hdmi switcher and audio stream extracter”, which should simplify the wiring and would certainly get rid of the 562V.

For sure it’s all “vintage” kit but then so are me & SWMBO (36 years anniversary this week) , the Naim system is cough mostly cough Olive, and the Briks system is “LK vintage”.

But they all do sound exceedingly fine, and I do not feel the need to indulge in willy-waving.

2 Likes

Congratulations on the wedding anniversary and, of course, the retirement! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Thank you, kind Sir,

And here is the Meridian Surround (with bonus Angisan O’blissful-blossom, aka”Marble”/“Mabs”).

]

PS no toddlers are involved…they’re all cat toys!

12 Likes

Thanks Hifiman :+1:t5:

You don’t know what your missing Suzy…

6 Likes

What a fantastic setup and look. I love love love the maple speakers!

1 Like

They are the same as mine, but I don’t take such good pictures.

17 Likes

I love your maple SL2’s. Maple is the secret ‘killer app’ color for Naim speakers . . . and matching Fraim.

2 Likes

And matching socks

1 Like

M&S’s finest?

1 Like

Marks and Sparks? See I speak “English”

2 Likes

A system to dream of @RackKit. Beautiful, stunning, takes my breathe away! Alot of work and thought has gone into this stunning Naim system. It all works seamlessly. I am sure it gives you much pleasure and enjoyment! Well done on a simply superb system and listening/AV room.

2 Likes

Superb rooms and wonderful pictures @RackKit.

You put many go the HiFi rags to shame.

Congrats.

1 Like

Yes, but the Denon Blu Ray player also seems to have VHS …

Having said that, I spent a wonderful morning listening to my NAT 03 which is of similar vintage to VHS

I think we get to hung up about the date of technology as opposed to whether it works effectively

1 Like

Why don’t you show her RackKits phots and prove it is not just in your mind?

3 Likes

Well, your socks match the sofa, and the whole Naim set including speakers was caught in the picture. So the picture is not bad at all​:wink::v:

1 Like

They are not my socks…

1 Like

big plant energy!