System Pics 2021

Difficult to see an upgrade on your system. Perhaps a better phono…
But absolutely not a necessity. Only the only thing that comes to my mind.

@RackKit
Ah, that makes sense! I know you’re another fan of the CD555. :+1:t5:

Yeah. With 8,000 CD’s, the CD555 isn’t going anywhere.

@frenchrooster
Difficult to see an upgrade on your system. Perhaps a better phono…

Hope you’re kidding about upgrading the TT. Did you mean the phono stage (SuperLine)?

Yes, the phono. If there was one thing to upgrade, it would be that.
Some have here the Tom Evans Mastergroove, top Allnic, or top Whest Audio phono on 500 series system and turntable at the level of yours. They all found the Superline/ Supercap a bit lacking.
However you have already something very very good of course.

:hear_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :hear_no_evil:

I cannot even consider such a thing. All the $$$ in the Statement.

4 Likes

Time to sell some scotch :joy::joy:

1 Like

48 Likes

@frenchrooster
Time to sell some scotch :joy::joy:

Infidel!!! You preach sacrilege!

…if it were ONLY $2,000 on speaker cables…

7 Likes

I am sure, that is only the amount of money he told her and not the amount he spent. :joy:

7 Likes

2000 dollars is only one power cable certainly :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I keep telling my wife when she’s talking to me and I’m not in the same room I probably won’t work out what she’s on about. She obviously hasn’t heard me.

2 Likes

@Yeti I keep telling my wife when she’s talking to me and I’m not in the same room I probably won’t work out what she’s on about. She obviously hasn’t heard me.

Glad to see it’s a 2way street. :laughing:

With too much time on my hands I thought I’d take try a few low key pics.

Blame this 1930s house and it’s suspended floor for the slightly uneven Fraim stacks. They’re level, it’s the floor that’s not!:weary::grinning:

Cheers, Rack.

121 Likes

Amazing pictures and stunning system. Just wow!

3 Likes

Nice!! I know what you mean about uneven floors. Mine is concrete but with a dip in it, so the two middle feet are wound out more than the end ones. We work with what we’ve got I guess.

2 Likes

:+1:t5:

Just awesome, love it!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s all we can do. Looking back, I should’ve had the concrete supports done at this end of the room like I did for the speakers & sub at the other end.

Big regret now and would be too much upheaval to do now.

I remember the pics you showed us of the work. A work of love that. I showed Mrs. G. and told her it was a great idea. She put her foot down and said “no way”. She’s let me get away with so much that I decided to give up on this one. So my SBL’s sit on a suspended floor. Oh well!

1 Like

These photos (and system) are fantastic! Did I see in a post earlier somewhere you use an iPhone and a tripod?

1 Like

@Mitch , you have only one contender on the forum, @joeling

15 Likes