System Pics 2021

Thanks Rex,

Actually, they could do with a polish. Highly recommended though, especially on the record player.

@KRM That looks great and it’s one helluva system!

Cheers, Rack. :+1:t5:

1 Like

:pray:t5:

:pray:t5::rofl:

Them not being properly polished was not the first thing I noticed. Looks great! Btw: any reason you didn’t go for the Sv2t, or did it just grow with the box count into 2 racks?

1 Like

Well, the two racks keep the power supplies away from more sensitive equipment. The Aria does have a transformer (tiny compared to the Naim boxes) but I’m considering upgrading that to a Urika.

I do really like the SV stands. They have a much smaller footprint than the Fraim (which would not have fitted in the space) and probably look nicer. This never really comes across in photos, especially when set against RackKit’s gorgeous setup.

My dealer told that if you go above 8 levels Quadraspire supply a free ladder :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Matter of taste, but I agree totally. Will hopefully showcase my sv2t soon.

1 Like

Do you think the bronze upgrade is worth it for the NDS?
I’m contemplating putting my P8 on a dedicated wall shelf and moving my NDS up.

1 Like

I do, although it made a bigger improvement for the LP12. Do you already have bamboo? Are, I see that you do.

Yes, in black. My wife vetoed plain bamboo in our very oak house and I reluctantly agreed to black then found out from the dealer that black bamboo was newly available - result!

1 Like

I would stick with the CD555 on the top shelf, for aesthetic reasons, as well as usability.

1 Like

Yes. that’s the logical place for it and I suspect that there wouldn’t be much sonic benefit in the trade-off.

1 Like

Yep, sometimes it’s better to stop at sensible/obvious/looks right rather than stretch for that last morsel of sonic excellence :blush:

I should probably switch off the Aria when I’m using the NDS but I always forget.

The Urika would be an obvious upgrade as you could then use the second PS in the Radikal. That would also free up another shelf for future opportunities!

1 Like

29 Likes

Yes

I’ve also been wondering about Isoacouctic Gaias. I suppose I could upgrade the speakers to D3. The only other thing would be a new streamer but the ND555 is soooo expensive and the NDX2 possibly a step back. The Sonore Bridge gives me Roon so it’s the phonostage or, shock horror, contentment :slightly_smiling_face:

To respond to the discussion of where to place the CD555 within the Fraim system…My choice to place it on a second shelf instead of the top had nothing to do with performance, but only, unfortunately, necessity. Once I incorporated the Statement into my system this week I needed to remove one stack of Fraims (the 500 and 552 along with their PS went away) in order to make room for the new beasts. So the CD555 had no choice but to be relegated to (literarily) second tier status. The Revox and TT were obviously not options for a lower shelf.

The pic shows a loaned NDS where the CD555 will go if I ever get mine back from Focal North America.

20 Likes

Some speakers in for demo. My wife says they’re too big…

56 Likes

Very nice indeed

1 Like

Really nice looking room.

1 Like