System Pics 2021

That would be my only concern - having the PST directly below the 555. I think I’d see if it could fit on the floor behind the Fraims somehow.

1 Like

I suppose an easy way to check before dismantling anything is to power down the 01 and see if you notice any difference in the ND555 performance.

1 Like

I couldn’t detect any difference when I had to send the NAT01 and PST for service last year, which left an empty shelf below the ND555 (until I put a Quad FM4 in the slot - and that didn’t affect the ND555 either). I guess the Faraday cage inside the ND555 does its job.

Out of paranoia, I’ve just tried that (and unplugged the mains plug just in case) and still couldn’t detect any difference. Phew!

1 Like

Perfect. Lovely bit of kit the 01.

1 Like

Oh yes, my favourite. Just so long as we have BBC Radio 3 FM.

2 Likes

I’m sure he does🙂. As I said, my siblings and myself all owe my parents an awful lot really!

A few years ago I persuaded him to buy the Rega and last year I bought him the AA - CDP. It was a big upgrade over the previous Sony (CDP-XE300) so I thought this year warranted a speaker upgrade. My mum in particular was really pleased - much more suited to the decor. She also said they sound clearer and not harsh at all after just a few minutes listening - result!

Here is a close-up of the rack with the previous speakers - Tannoy M2s.
The column in the background is a solid Oak LED floor lamp I made them - it was a fun project.

For those who are interested, here is the lamp:

20 Likes

Looks fantastic!

There’s been an addition to the family. Two in fact. The electric piano and the turntable.

41 Likes

I’m considering the Urika and have a similar shelving arrangement, as you know from my recent system pic.

When I asked my dealer if I should be concerned about the phono stage above the power supplies he said it was well screened. I have no idea if it’s true but I’ve known him for the best part of 20 years and do trust him.

I do have a bigger gap with an empty shelf below the LP12, which is also on an isolation platform. Sadly, that means some of the burndies touch the floor.

There’s also the issue of vibration from humming transformers to fret over.

Keith

1 Like

I have been working on my room acoustics with GIK Acoustics and what a difference it has made especially to the imaging and soundstage. 4 - 600 x 1200 spot treatment panels on the side walls and 2 - 600 x 1200 bass traps on the front walls.

18 Likes

I think they’re a perfect fit

1 Like

That’s good to know KRM.

Next time I’m spinning some vinyl, I’ll try just turning off the 555 PSU below first to see if there’s any uplift to the sound. If not (or nothing I can hear), I’ll leave things as they are.

Cheers, Rack.

:+1:t5:

Too big?? Not something commonly heard from a woman.

1 Like

It’s all about Pace, Rhythm and Timing.

1 Like

Beautiful piano… which one is it feeling_zen?

Claude

It’s a Yamaha Arius YDP-164. Nothing fancy or expensive. But it’s crazy well made for the money.

Sadly I can’t play a note. It’s the domain of Mrs. FZ and the kids.

Thanks, I was curious because I bought a Casio PS-X1000 a few months ago. I has an optional stand and I was curious to see what it would look like. Yours gives me a very good idea

Claude

New Naim Uniti Atom for a second system. Our man / boy cave loft room.

43 Likes

Loving the Guardians picture on the wall

3 Likes