System Pics 2021

Very nice, though where are the wine and water glasses? The Kantas look very nice and go well with the traditional sideboard.

1 Like

I heard those speakers this morning at my dealer. They were connected, for want of something more deserving, to a pioneer streamer integrated and it sounded lovely. I was quite taken aback. Different league to my pedestrian Bowers& Wilkins fur sure. So here we go againā€¦next up is focal speakersā€¦

They have a front-firing port too so donā€™t count them out. There is less energy coming out of the rear port than usual rear-ported designs.

If your dog were any bigger he/she would be a subwooferā€¦

3 Likes

We used to use a flattened Laithwaiteā€™s wine bottle box. Just the right size/colour as the HiFi rack. Not pretty but we worked on the premise of out of sight, out of mindšŸ˜³. It seemed to work.

The pair of used/preloved Tannoys I bought recently both had a slight rattle when being moved when I got them home. They are front ported. Upon investigation I managed to fish out 5/6 little plastic toys and a whole Hotwheels car from the pair. Fortunately, they no longer rattlešŸ‘

2 Likes

What a lovely dining room.

2 Likes

Little boys toys in big boys toys :grin:

2 Likes

Can the music escape from that cage?

Itā€™s still earlyā€¦ :wink:

And with this I remembered your post about a month ago on receiving dozens of packs of beer, and thinking:
What the h**?! did he want such quantities?! :joy:

Then I clicked: it was for Wemfest .
( did it go well/fine?)

Neil - I wouldnā€™t count Kantas out because of the rear-firing port either. As someone else mentioned, they are also front-firing and not a lot of energy comes out the rear port. I usually prefer speakers well out into the room, but that didnā€™t really work with the Kanta 2s because of a room mode. The perfect place for them in my room is half a meter from the front wall, which surprises me but there it is. They sound fantastic - and itā€™s better, of course, not having to have them in the middle of the lounge. I do find a GIK diffusion panel behind each is really helpful, for what itā€™s worth. All the best.

I have 190 pints arriving at my house next week. Itā€™s rather tempting having it in the garage. Our shows run all year - have a look at the website. Tonight we have a great sounding classical recital. Iā€™m in the church now as they rehearse. The best system in the world simply cannot come close to the real thing. Live music is just so wonderful.

15 Likes

Whatā€™s being served?

Agreed my friend. :fire::wink:

ā€œItā€™s rather tempting having it in the garage. ā€œ

I can only imagineā€¦
:joy::joy::joy::sweat_smile:

I agree. If the aim is to reproduce live music from a hifi set up in your own home is the goal, you will never achieve it. Itā€™s not just the quality of reproduction. I suspect that many live gigs/concerts use some pretty basic kit, albeit at high volume. Live performance is different. The listenerā€™s expectations, life experience and excitement are integral to the enjoyment of the experience. Thatā€™s ephemeral. You canā€™t create it at home. Home listening is not inferior. Itā€™s just different. No distractions, choice of whatever you want, when you want it are the essence of home listening. As to detail and nuance, youā€™ve a much better chance of getting that at home. Just donā€™t confuse the two - they are different

4 Likes

Had a very special visitor today, Bobā€¦the subject of my short film ā€œListeningā€. He was impressed with my K6/500 system. Bob is demoing a Supernait 3 + HiCap for his Graham LS5/5 speakersā€¦ I think I turned him into a Naim convert!

73 Likes

ā€œYouā€™re demoing a SN3? Come on over and listen to my 500 system. Have you joined the Naim forum yet?ā€ - Best Friend Possible circa today

The stress exhibited in the first pic is from calculating the future value of the lost cash flow resulting from a his purchase of a 500 system.

3 Likes

Join a Cultā€¦ Scare your Mum.

3 Likes

Funny because I actually wanted to join a cult. After examining my options Naim seemed like it had the highest fun to torture ratio. Glad I joined Naim instead of my second choice.

5 Likes

The nap 300 works really well with the 802ā€™s never ran out of power or felt like I needed morešŸ˜ƒ bass is fast and articulate and mids and treble are sublime

1 Like