System Pics 2021

My home office system

12 Likes

In the real world I think most people would consider spending over 2k for a streamer a lot of money so it would be worrying if it didn’t deliver a decent performance.
I’m very impressed with mine but would deliberately avoid a demo of the next level up.:woozy_face:

1 Like

It was bought new by my grandfather in roughly 1969 and even now the quality of R3 on it is amazing. I have just found a chap (who works for the beeb as his day job) who restores and services radios. He has agreed to take it on so am going to get it restored, serviced, re-capped etc

1 Like

Lovely mid-century furniture – and a matching radio! :grinning:

1 Like

What will happen if it sounds better ? :rofl:
A search for the best Tinsel!

1 Like

I have a Lamino chair and footstool as well, possibly the best chair I have ever owned :+1::+1:

Let’s not be picky. An Advent calendar starts on 1 December and that’s good enough for me.

1 Like

Brilliant chairs aren’t they? I know a lot of folks lust after an Eames chair but these are an absolute classic, very comfy and a fair bit cheaper.

2 Likes

They’re stunning, an Eames is a thing of beauty but like a thatched cottage better to look at than be in…

3 Likes

That Yacht Boy takes me back. I had one and loved it. Sadly it fell off a shelf many years ago and I binned it.

1 Like

I think my phono stage journey is complete. Add PSX-R2 to my Signature phono. I thought it was good before but the addition of the power supply has improved it.

28 Likes

After living with my current setup for a few months I might call it stumps. Although let’s be honest there’s few here who know when to stop, upgrades are sooo tempting. Then there’s the dreaded home audition.

I’ve had to set the balance to slightly favour the right channel (or is it the left). Don’t know if that’s a hearing issue or system either way it’s sounded mighty fine this afternoon curtesy of Bob Marley.

35 Likes

I need to set the balance at 1 o’clock to centre the image in my room.

I think I’m with you @Pete_the_painter. I’m loving my set up, and with transitioning now in to part time work it’s time to ease it all back and just enjoy the rest of the ride.

Got those last 3 posts painted today and have 40% of the house done. Will have a long summer break now with the girls and hit it again in the Autumn.

One of the post and a few bubbles before the BBQ.

22 Likes

Have you guys had a lot of rain? We’ve had a wet spring and there’s talk summer will be the same.

1 Like

Oh come on Pete, we have to keep our illustrious dealer in business

You need those Neat speakers you’ve always wanted :crazy_face:

But I get your thinking. I’ve just purchased a Supercap DR for my Superline andthat might be Naim equipment for me

But never say never, one never knows what’s round the corner

1 Like

In Northland we had a long winter that started early in May and finished late in October. Spring was about 2 weeks and we have now landed in an El Niño Summer early, so hot (by our standards) and warm nights with high humidity already. But with showers more than rain at the moment. It’s been a strange year all round.

True, an inheritance and a different home with a bigger listening room could always trigger another round of fun…… It’s also good to stop and smell the roses of course.

2 Likes

You’ve got a great system there PtP, and it no doubt brings you much pleasure. It’s a ready made place to have a breather on the upgrade path while you steel yourself for the next steps. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Some wicked systems in here guys, keep it coming. Think my favourite is the DBL set up. Dream system…

Mine has not changed much recently. Finally got my Unitiserve working again via a Wifi extender which works really well. Shame it’s white but may dismantle it into a posher black box when I have some spare time:

39 Likes