System Pics 2021

When I met Mrs HH in 1984 I had Mk 1 Kans on Kan 2 stands and they stayed with us through two rented flats and our first two houses. She really didn’t like the Solidsteels and as soon as I showed her a picture of the Something Solids she said she would be quite happy with them and they they were just like the Kan stands we had for all those years.

1 Like

These look lovely HH. Your theory ref stands was what I was advised too re the Tablette 10 & Sig.

G

I’ve had ESL63 since about 1986, ESL 57 before that (Celestial Ditton 66 before them).
In 2004 ish I added a pair or Gradient SW63 subs and have been there eversince.

1 Like

They look great, open frame stands are often recommended for thin wall speakers such as Harbeths so they should work well sound wise, perhaps gently tie wrap the speaker cables to a leg?

2 Likes

My Father In Law had 66s - he was the one who got me into HiFi. What speakers!

It is good to hear that there are other people that have listened to a lot of other speakers, but still come back to the Quads. For me it is hard to convince other people that, within a reasonable budget, there is still nothing better after 40 years of improvements in many other areas. This despite the fact they like very much what they hear. So I’m always open to suggestions for other speakers, so I can keep on convincing myself (or not).

1 Like

Although I was quite taken with the tripods, these do appear less intrusive. I’m with @Hollow’s suggestion of leading the cable down the back of one of the legs, which would be tidier.

It’s an idea, though I’m quite happy with them hanging loose. It really doesn’t worry me.

It wasn’t you I was thinking of, it was Mrs HH.

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

They do look good on those stands. Much better. The whole system looks good. You must be very pleased with how it’s all turned out.

She’s not worried either. The pictures being level and at exactly the right height is of much greater concern.

Thanks James. Yes, it’s much nicer. The smaller setup fits the room much better. It’s always the smaller systems that look nicest to me in the system pics - yours included of course.

Yes, looking superb Nigel.
BTW, I wondered whether Kan Mk2 stands would be suitable for them? Just because I have those in the loft that I sometimes use with the Kralk Audio BC30 in a second system.

I believe the Kan is 6mm deeper than the Tablette 10, so they wouldn’t fit perfectly on top. When I had Kan 2 stands they had pieces of car sound deadening material stuck on the underside of the top plate.

2021 added a PS555 DR

One more box, one less dog, the other ones around somewhere!

31 Likes

Mine doesn’t have the sound deadening material underneath. I bet they’d be fine , at least the T10’s are slightly smaller.

Nice system. I’m waiting for my local dealer re-opening before demo-ing a SN3 and XPSDR/555PS to go with my NDX2.

Nice room. Is that John Brenton artwork?

Right county but wrong artist! They are by Neil Davies. The NDX2 and SN3 do go well together, and of course with system automation you can control volume and switch inputs via the app or the NDX2 remote. It’s a simple thing but makes all the difference.

1 Like

I kept mine for sometime after going down the ESL route but sold them in early Ebay days… regretted it ever since, I even had the boxes for them!