System Pics 2022

Congrats, Gazza. They look lovely. I’d recommend you stand them on some plinth. That will improve the sound immensely. Enjoy them!

Early days, my pmc were on granite kitchen blocks……recommendations welcomed.

1 Like

Hi Gazza, would it be worth trying these baddies? BW Peter

6 Likes

Its on the list😁

Very nice system. Have always been a little curious about the speakers you use, are you happy with them?

Take a look at this thread i started

What are those baddies?

Bad, however very good…

1 Like

Hi nicnaim, they are Townsend Podiums providing a great uplift in performance of most speakers ( I would imagine) by damping out vibration going into the floor structure with the added benefit of transferred energy not going back up into your equipment racks. They worked a treat for my PMC Fact 12s :+1:t3: ATB Peter

2 Likes

Thanks!

Hi, are those podiums Size 2 ?

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

1 Like

Yes very happy, although could do with a bit more power, but good at low to moderate volume but they suck the life out of the Supernait when turned up.

Tim

1 Like

Hi I would be interested to hear the thoughts of anyone who has used Townsend Podium’s under Ovator S - 400 also what size would fit.

Graham

1 Like

Lovely system. Full on Michell Gyrodec and SME arm? - hypnotic.
I wish I would set my stuff up to look so neat.

Are those the “D1” version of B&W 800 speakers? Very nice.

Do you pull them away from the walls when you are listening? I have 802 D2s and noticed how they really become very special when the front faces are 5+ feet away from walls - much smoother top end, amazing transients and detail especially in bass instruments like double bass and very “real” soundstage. I put them on Isoacoustic Gaia 1s and on sliders (using a UV pen to mark the right position on the wooden floor) so I can push them back when guests are visiting. Just positioning alone gave the benefit of a very major system upgrade Be interested to hear your experience?

Hi thanks!
Yes it’s a full Gyrodec with an SME Series 1V arm, and it has a Dynavector DV20X2 MC cartridge. I recently got the HR power supply to finish off the vinyl source.
I bought the speakers in 2004 ex dem, I’m not sure what version they are, all I know is that they are 802 Nautilus.
It’s interesting to hear that you move them around, I have not moved them since moving into the house 10 years ago, perhaps I should start experimenting with their position. The top end is usually good, sometimes a bit bright.
I am actually considering changing them, I’m have a dem of some ProAcs and Kudos, so we’ll see!

1 Like

Yes, size 2 and they fit the 606’s well…and sound good.

Oops! I did not know that they were so demanding. My dealer has a couple of second hand ATC SCM40 for sale that I have been thinking about. I wonder if they are as demanding then?

Worth looking at what ATC put into their active SCM40’s - a total of 242W per speaker!

1 Like

Yes, with such low sensitivity, even my 250DR can get it hard I think;

Specifikationer
Sensitivity: 85dB @ 1W @ 1metre Max SPL: 112dB Recommended Power Amplifier: 75 to 300 Watts Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm