System Pics 2022

Cheers. I know there’s not much ‘sunlight’ on them, but we don’t get much up here in County Durham!

2 Likes

They can, from what I read recently, be even placed near the wall, because the bass event is under the speakers.
Thanks for your advice :+1:. The Vector seem to be bigger, and are also more expensive.

Swapped a surplus TT with a friend for this lovely Sony Receiver which was his late fathers. What a lovely little thing it is too, great condition veneer case and a lovely warm sound which helps take the edge off the Kans

40 Likes

Wow - that Sony receiver is beautiful

1 Like

That’s just lovely !

2 Likes

22 Likes

Thanks chaps, I have to say it is a lovely thing. I was really trying to get my friend to keep it as his dad had taken such good care of it…

3 Likes

Quite taken with that receiver - must investigate further

1 Like

My first proper stereo a lovely piece of kit and very well made.

2 Likes

Certainly more expensive (but not outrageously so), but they are very compact - and they do have those lovely carbon fibre side panels…

1 Like

yes, I feel satisfied with my system :smile: :+1:
never feel fatigued for many hours of listing.

1 Like

Indeed. The opprobrium that would rain down from a sighting of the metal Soundstyle racks on which my olive active system has sat since 1996 is the main reason I have contributed only words to this thread.
:laughing:

6 Likes

What a beaut! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

What? Like this one? (sorry about the picture quality).

If anybody doesn’t like it, it’s their problem, not mine (or yours).
I, for one, would be interested to see pictures of your system. :crossed_fingers:

26 Likes

17 Likes

I thought I’d add a few photos of my “world’s most cramped man-cave” system. My brother gave me an old Technics SL-D2 deck he wasn’t using, and I combined it with the Marantz 2220B for a true retro 70s/80s system vibe. Unfortunately, I only have about 10 vinyl discs - sold hundreds of them years ago at the wrong time/price. (Of course.)

I have opted for keeping the Kef IQ3s in this system, and will probably sell the little Focal Chorus 605s on the floor.

31 Likes

My other turntable. At least until I get round to selling one or the other😯

22 Likes

Looks like fun. Love the Marantz receiver :sunglasses:

1 Like

I suddenly feel very TT inadequate!

I am tempted to keep both (bardo and p10) they both have their strengths :grin:

1 Like