System Pics 2022

Trying out my little Nait on an Organik diet. It seems to rather like it !

71 Likes

You are waiting for some amplifier, or a return from service ? You have sold your Devialet ?

Nah - just getting the Nait out for a play. I haven’t had a Linn / Naim system for quite a few years so i thought why not ?

9 Likes

James has a wife and a mistress.

7 Likes

I wonder what his wife said when she saw the price of the Linn Klimax Organik :smile:. « what’s that, 40 k ? Really ? And my Porsche boxtter you promised me ? . See soon at my lawyer place ! «

5 Likes

The Linn Organik KDSM looks really rather good in black. I might have to have another listen…

2 Likes

1 box, 1 shelf…

1 Like

I know! That compares with three for just the streamer or five if you were to use the preamp in the KDSM too.

SQ aside, it’s hard to go back with 5 boxes.

1 Like

July may turn out to be an expensive month :flushed::wink:

2 Likes

Love the B&W especially!

1 Like

Thanks Chris :+1:

1 Like

Morning Sun across scm11 and spot the new component shot

52 Likes

Very Qute :+1:

2 Likes

Nice. Is it the DAC???

Let us know what you think. I’m thinking of upgrading my Bluesound with one…

yep… i tired an ifi signature one and it didn’t involve me in the music, whereas the Qute (with only 2 days on it is superb. Similar levels of detail as the ifi (and more than my previous nd5xs2) but with more tonality and richness in the mids. Good bass and detail in the treble but bit and hint of glare. It works really well into the SN3, although i had to use a humm bucking bit of wire form one of the outside of a din to the earthing post.
i would say try one… you wont be disappointed compared to the node i reckon

4 Likes

Lovely setup. How well does the Supernait drive the ATCs, would like to consider it as a possible upgrade to my Rega Elicit R? Excellent choice of DAC, are you running it at full output (blue setting)?

Now all you need is an M Scaler… :joy:

2 Likes

Hi Kevin,
The dac is currently at 2v setting, i tried 3 last night and apart form the volume ramping up to quickly i did not perceive any increase in dynamics etc. The sn3 works really well with the scm 11, either with or without HCDR. I had a nova previously with 11’s and on paper the same power but the SN3 clearly drives them better. For me it is the perfect combo in my 4.5 x 4m room and being 85db i have no problem with the infamous low level channel balance, most of my normal listening is around 9 o clock on the volume and low level while im working during the day is at about 8. People often say ATC’s are poor at low level but im not so sure, of course more vol is better tho! :metal:

4 Likes

I have Innuos mini and thinking of a qutest into my 272, wondering if it would be worth the outlay. How did you arrive at the voltage setting?