System Pics 2022

I‘m scratching my head here…what is happening to the vinyl itself?

1 Like

A new dawn?

1 Like

May I ask why ?

They are both superb bits of kit ?

A bit of a ‘Bovril’ cartridge though.
When my first Hana SL developed a fault (static issues), Steve at the Audiobarn came to my house and substituted a DV Karat into my LInn Ekos as a loan. The Karat is incredibly detailed but for me, very ‘hi-fi’. When a new Hana was fitted (half the price of the Karat), it was just so much more natural and records became enjoyable again.
A blessed relief to get rid of the Karat in all honesty… and don’t get me started on the dust bunnies it collects. :zipper_mouth_face:

They are indeed. But they are just stuff, and it’s the music that matters. The NDX2 can do all that I want.

4 Likes

Indeed, enjoy it.

1 Like

Interesting changes. I do believe they make sense, as we age those LPs get harder to handle and keeping a steady hand while dropping that expensive stylus on that precious vinyl isn’t getting any easier.

Truth is none of us need anything and we all know you can’t take it with you.

Now I look forward to seeing how your changes effect the way you respond to others and the possibility of another u-turn.

This forum is classic. :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Now look young fella

Don’t use age as an excuse :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Probably be a Nova next if minimalism is all that matters these days.

1 Like

Sorry if it appears ageist but a monkey in a suit is still a monkey. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

:man_in_motorized_wheelchair:t4::woman_in_manual_wheelchair:t3::woman_in_manual_wheelchair:t3::woman_in_manual_wheelchair:t3::woman_in_manual_wheelchair:t3::man_in_motorized_wheelchair:t4:

Your next turntable

3 Likes

Whilst you’re cleaning out have you thought about ditching the dropped lasagne on the wall above where the TT used to be ?

I bought a used copy of Quadrophenia recently, and the 2 discs were numbered side 1 & 4 and side 2 & 3 to accommodate those old phonographs. (Kind of sucked for playing it today…do I listen out of order, or make multiple changes? Decisions, decisions…)

I had one by Zenith - can still remember the noise as one set of grooves dropped onto those of the disc below it! “ZZZZZZZZ!!!”

3 Likes

My old boss back in the mid 70s had one of those Quadriphonic systems (think he got in the States) it was pretty impressive to a 18 year old. Can’t remember what make it was or what setup he had but I love to hear it again, it’d interesting to see if music really has changed.

Goodness me, another HH system change. It’s hard to keep up. It seems like only yesterday that the 272/555/300 was the best game in town…. the one held in great esteem over my precious NDX2/SN2, yet here we are……

11 Likes

You looking for a beating Mike :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

You have to give it to him, his brave enough to posting it knowing full well he’s probably going to cop it.

6 Likes

Loading adjustment can help with that. On an Aro with a 470R plug in my superline I found adding 470pF got a bit more emotion out of it. Using a 17D3 on my Schröder, 1nF was best. I don’t have a 453R plug to compare now but when I tried one some years back whilst using the Aro I preferred my 470 R and pF combination.
If there are loading options it’s worth playing with them, the capacitance of the arm lead plays a part too.

1 Like

Lovely setup!

1 Like