System Pics 2022

I need to activate my account, I had a reminder a week or so ago.

Richard will soon let you know if you have, anyway just signed up used your details. :grin:

I’ve just done the welcome thing to get approved.

Let’s be mindful of forum rules here, thanks.

Have any been broken, if so please delete.

My understanding is that it’s posting a link to a commercial site that is the problem. Just mentioning a site by name (without a link) is fine.

I’ve always presumed that this is to prevent people claiming that ‘the Naim website had a link to this site’ and then reacting as if it’s Naim’s fault that something bad happened on the other site (like an eBay seller not producing the goods). If all you do is mention the site’s name, other people then have to go there via a search engine, which disconnects Naim from the chain, if you see what I mean.

Mark

2 Likes

No links and no problems, spoke to Richard and all ok. Cheers.

2 Likes

Haha yes. I noticed you have a very similar system to what I want to build. My next purchase will either be a XPS DR, Supercap or second hand 300DR. How was your journey and what would you do? Also, how do you find your cables?
Cheers,
Rich

Boxes coming together. Paint colour is Jotun 9938 blackened black silky matt. I guess it will blend in with my existing furniture. We had to build new ones because my friend destroyed up the veneer with glue. So cost excluding the aluminium parts is £2100. This extra cost is forgotten in a few months… Here is a simple mobile shot from the workshop today.

26 Likes

Great work Chalshus and makes me want to retrain as a wood worker in my old age. Most of the tools were the same in my case just much smaller :+1:t3: Hope they’ll deliver in all their glory Peter

2 Likes

Having done all three I honestly cannot decide, but I did the XPSDR first and was very happy with the results, albeit into a 250dr.
So I went XPS , Supercap then recently added the 300dr

2 Likes

Nice looking decks, Richard!
I have some VU meters too :blush:

28 Likes

I’m curious to know how much music people have for reel to reel
We had one Trini Lopez album . I honestly can’t remember the reel to reel (Sanyo I think), but remember the motor suffered a speed accuracy and stability problems in the end. Before that it did sound good and I remember annoying my parents with Trini Lopez if I had a hammer :rofl:
Just curious to know. Maybe Richard can transfer to a dedicated reel to reel thread

Great idea!

Walls still need more pictures, but getting closer to the goal. Kudos speaker cables look nicely discreet.

115 Likes

A lovely room and set up @KJC

4 Likes

Fabulous! The Shahinians look great in situ, and lovely to see how well the new record shelves turned out.

3 Likes

Nice work Kevin - what a lovely room and system.

2 Likes

Looks like a great place to relax and listen to music, lovely room.

3 Likes

Where are you going to put the inevitable XPSDR and HCDR?