System Pics 2023

The performance without Ansuz cabling is excellent. Consider the cables as add-ons not as must-haves. Anyway: I would also recommend a look into Audionet. I used to own a SAM which was also very good at a healthy price point.

What sort of price do barbets charge to do this? I have a set of m30s that are about 3 years old that have a damaged finish (veneer has chipped off) and wondering if it is worth doing before selling them?

Are we allowed to share pictures of that type of 3rd party interconnect?

1 Like

For new boxes including everything Sek 16 000 plus VAT, approx GBP 1250. That is for 2 speakers. Having a good furniture restorer to fix them would have been around 1/10:th. My speaker was “crushed” in one corner meaning that the integrity was compromised thus need for new box, and since they did not have spare boxes in Eucalyptus I needed to do both. Would it have been me, and not the cat, that caused the damage the insurance would have covered it…

No we aren’t.

No mention, discussion, or pictures of fake “SNAICs” here please, as per forum rules. Thanks.

1 Like

Not to sure but there are certainly plenty of photos all over this furum of them What was the last bit of gear you bought? - #812 by JosquinDesPrez
Morgana didn’t work for me - #13 by Rooster

The interconnects and DIN-XLRs are fine as they don’t carry DC voltage so don’t breach forum rules.

1 Like

Dyfal donc a dyr y garreg :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Daval donc and the stone tower?

1 Like

TROS Y GARREG Welsh folk song TROS Y GARREG Over the Stone - YouTube

1 Like

No change, from 2022. No further changed planned.

50 Likes

That is a nice looking piece of HiFi furniture.

1 Like

Nope. Tried google translate and read the lyrics. You’ve completely lost me. :thinking:

Great setup mate - did you sell me the Sopra 2’s? If so - still doing me proud!

Try switching the mute on, on the lower bank of buttons on your 82. It is widely believed to make a small improvement in sound. It does on both my 82 and 52. Worth a try even if it does nothing for you.

3 Likes

I know of this… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Always think those Keilidh’s look timeless.

I think that is because they are :wink:. I’ve had them about 12 years now and not planning any more upgrades to my system. What will probably happen will be a slight downsize in a few a few years when hopefully I’ll be moving to a slightly warmer climate. The Keilidhs sadly wont be coming. Most likely a pair of active floorstanders (SCM40As??) and some form of streaming preamp with balanced outputs. No idea where I’ll find a decent one of them :joy:

1 Like

Very nearly bought a pair when they came out, seem to remember list price was around £595, beautifully made.

I think you are confusing me with someone else :thinking: