Tangerine Evenstar ups the game of the LP12!

I’ve been using the Evenstar for the last couple of weeks. It does enhance the record by being a little bit more focused.
I did notice one thing on a poor recording the pops and clicks are more emphasised? I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this ?

All in all I think it’s worth having.

Regards,

Martin

4 Likes

Just got mine. No time to use it today, or indeed until Saturday, but in a very brief listen (and therefore meaningless) I had the impression it cleaned Todd R up a bit, and yes, I did notice a couple of ticks more it seemed).

But…roll on some proper ‘me time’ to listen more.

2 Likes

Received my Evenstar today and Cymbiosis were brilliant.

2 Likes

I’ve ordered one for my Rega deck!

The Evenstar works on my Rega!

There is quieter backgrounds with the music having more cohesion. I haven’t noticed more clicks or pops though.

Definitely worth the money for what it does. That’s not to say I would be better off with a better deck.

2 Likes

No, I haven’t heard, um, enhanced clicks etc either (barring a quick first listen which didn’t count).

I imagine these are back in stock now. :thinking:

1 Like

You’ll forgive me, but I won’t be investing £275.

Like the original equipment manufacturers, even the aftermarket stuff is ‘reassuringly expensive’.

I’m confused. Are you saying it’s too cheap and not ‘reassuringly expensive’ enough for consideration?

In the grand scheme of costs, I thought it worth a punt. Can’t say that for some of the stuff I’ve read about here, which may indeed be worth the chance - but costs in the thousands.

Trying one out now as it arrived today thanks to prompt delivery from Cymbiosis. Definitely adds to the clarity of vocals and I think it’s deepened the bass, or maybe just making it easier to discern the bass notes. Liking what I’m hearing so far anyway for a relatively cheap upgrade.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.