Taste of Naim

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

So many possible responses to that, all of them deeply scurrilous.

Mark

2 Likes

Plenty of ideas, so I’ll put one more on the table. Superuniti is 80w. That would means waste duplication of DAC and I don’t know for Roon integration, but I guess with your actual hardware something can be done.

But for sure sometimes you can get second hand for real cheap. A few weeks ago there was one in west Canada from a dealer with a new screen just for 1600$. That means in USA something close to 1200 $US at max.
That If you are looking for a cheap way out of course.

It’s NextLevel Hi Fi. They do a lot of business with customers who trade up and thus have that used gear to sell off.

Nice, thanks.

So I picked up a super cheap ChiFi amp (Ayima a07) so I can at least listen to some music while I look for the perfect amp deal.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m thinking Supernait 3 or get the intro preamp/amp combo instead of the entry integrated. I’ll still try to get used, just better deals to be had.

Skip the 5si is my advice. It’s a good little amp, I have one that I use in a second system but I find it can be a little 2 dimensional. It is really fun to listen to with my bookshelf speakers and It has good dynamics but the sound is kind of stuck at the speakers if you know what I mean. If your speakers aren’t an easy load then I’d say that effect will be even more so.

Cool, thanks. I will try to find a Supernait 2/3 or entry pre/amp

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.