Tea for the tillerman 2

I think when you get ‘wedded’ to an original, it is hard to hear anything better. I like the original, even got the hi res download but it was never a favourite album. So I am very open to other interpretations/reworkings.

2 Likes

Yes that’s fair enough, never one of my favourites either but I can’t help thinking ‘why’. He should preferably do something new. What’s next, a barber shop version of Led Zep 3😀

Maybe his creative juices have subsided with age?

1 Like

Afraid it’s like my running form - I’d like to think it’s as good as fifty years ago but somehow it’s not.

1 Like

It was interesting listening to Yusuf on Desert Island discs, his musical influences were revealing in terms of his musical and spiritual journeys.

1 Like

Different enough to the original to make it interesting. Still has a terrific voice - a thoroughly worthwhile addition to my collection.

3 Likes

Apologies for stating the obvious; IMO, this is a mature rendering of the original songs. They have lost their naivety, and maybe some of the charm of the originals; nevertheless, the lyrics tell the same message, but the new arrangements give them a greater depth than before.

3 Likes

Listening attentively to the 2 versions in the last few days, I’ve found myself enjoyed the original songs much more, especially the Wild World, which brings back so many good memories.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.