Thank You

As many know, I recently spent a prolonged period ill in hospital and am now recovering at home. During this time I received an incredible amount of support on here, many people asking after me, offering excellent well-informed advice, and their best wishes. It is impossible to describe to you how much that meant to me. A group of people I’ve never met in the flesh feel like ( and are) true friends who were there for me when I needed them, I can genuinely say that the care and support I got here was an important part of my recovery. I do need to specifically mention @Ian2001 whose great advice and daily support message regularly brought a smile to my face and made me feel better. But thanks to everyone who across multiple threads asked after me and sent supportive messages, I owe you all a huge debt of gratitude.
Love Eoin

59 Likes

Best wishes for ongoing recovery to you.

2 Likes

Dear Eoin, I am so glad that you are on the mend . My heart went out to you , and I remembered some of the things that people did for me.

Most importantly “ saying hello in there “ and now it’s me wot has managed to get himself “ banged up” - I didn’t see that coming.

I am just grateful that I was able to pass on a little of the kindness that came my way between 2004 and 2007

My very best wishes

Ian
PS stay off peanuts, stay hydrated and avoid pancaking at all costs

12 Likes

Pleased to read that you are now recovering at home and I hope it goes well for you.

5 Likes

Good to read you are on the mend, wishing you a full recovery :+1:

4 Likes

Good news that you are on the recovery road. Take care.

4 Likes

It was simple……we missed you and your posts🙏

5 Likes

Very glad to hear you are coming out the other side. I was pleased to see that Ian was providing the level of regular and sustained support that I find difficult / was unable to give.

I suspect many others have also been rooting for you without saying very much :blush:

11 Likes

Good to be back home I’m sure, wishing you all the best during your recovery. Hopefully with some time to enjoy some music there too.

4 Likes

Nice one sir Eoink, all the best.

6 Likes

So really pleased that you made it home Eoin, that was so important in your ongoing recovery and I hope this week has been super special due to the visit of your best friend. Not sure if you have been able to have a small sip of wine with her yet? Anyway, if not, let us know when that day is due and I would like to raise a glass with you to toast your recovery. Take care.
Alan

3 Likes

You’re one of the good guys, Eoin. Like everyone else here, I’m so glad you’re back among us old farts.

5 Likes

I’m spending less time on here and your situation has bypassed me but it’s great to hear that you are on the mend and I can only echo what’s been said above that you are clearly one of the good guys on here.

Best wishes on a full recovery from Dublin.

.sjb

7 Likes

Keep us posted on your recovery Eoin and yes of course you are amongst caring friends here. All the very best.

5 Likes

Certainly did miss you, welcome home.

5 Likes

Sorry Eoink, for some reason I missed that you were having health issues and were hospitalised.
Very glad though, to hear that you are back home and on the mend. Must have been very difficult for you and yours and I wish you a speedy recovery.
All the best.

4 Likes

Welcome home and welcome back. :+1:

3 Likes

Glad to have you back and posting about music @Eoink ! I’m guessing it will be a little longer before we get your erudite wine reviews? ATB

3 Likes

It’s good to have you back, Eoin. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

4 Likes

You have really defined how valuable and supportive folks on the forum can be Eoin, especially around health issues and concerns - nicely put. Great to have you back and to see your postings once again. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

3 Likes