The 2019 Naim new products

Over-nite Sensation is a Zappa album, Dina-Moe Humm is a typically tasteful Zappa song about a relationship from that album, so FZ is telling me he listened to a FZ album this morning. :grinning:

1 Like

i understand, somedays you can feel that you have to listen to an artist specially…
For Zappa, i prefer the debut 70’s albums with George Duke and jean luc ponty. More jazz fusion like…

1 Like

As the great Vulcan philosopher once said: fascinating!:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

from display issue to naim audio priority to Franz Zappa…what’s next? Fascinating have you said?

No

1 Like

Room correction for the Nova

2 Likes

Why not use the Roon DSP. You might like Roon as well.

Phil

1 Like

I do use Roon, thanks…I’d love for the Nova to have a more robust room correction though, perhaps a USB microphone that analyzed speaker placement and frequency distortion

1 Like

@Simon-in-Suffolk has done that using REW. He is very interested in what Roon can do and may have found a way to produce a room correction filter for Roon from the REW data. I expect he will respond and tell you more.

@Innocent_Bystander has recently posted on his use of REW to get the best speaker position. Clearly DSP correction is best used once the basic speaker/room synergy is worked out.

Phil

I love the design of his gear. Beautifully done.

…so do we see some new stuff in may @ highend fair in munich?

Nobody will know for sure, but I don’t expect this … 3 new streamers have been put on the market recently with still some issues to solve in the Uniti Series … hope Naim will sort this out before jumping into something new …

1 Like

How about DIN5>XLR single and dual Super Lumina I/Cs to go straight from the new streamers to 250, 300 or 500? Isn’t it what the new Volume Mode function of the App is calling for? :sunglasses:

Chag -

I agree with @Spacin007 about room correction. Surprised naim haven’t already done this given their ‘sound first’ philosophy.

It could be that is exactly the reason they haven’t come out with it yet…

A question I ask myself: if so many people wish for so many new products, how is it that a Nait 1 or 2 still sell at ridiculous prices?

1 Like

Look at what Linn are doing with their new streamer. NAD, a very forward-thinking company, have just introduced the M10 Masters all-in-one with built-in Dirac room correction. I’m still amazed at the SQ improvement from my little Sonos One with TruePlay enabled. I think naim are falling behind the curve here unless they have something up their sleeve.

It may not be the same people or for the same systems, Max. I can confirm that I never bid or discussed the possible aquisition of a Nait 1 over the last 30 years even though I now regret to have gone A&R60 with my Kan 1 in 1983. :sunglasses:

Chag -

Naim said that they looked at this during the development if the 272, and decided against it on sound quality reasons. I agree that it can have its place, but the Naim approach has always been that soynd quality trumps all other considerations. There are ways of introducing it into a Naim system - the Roon DSP for example does it quite well, but even then there is a SQ penalty to pay.

A very strong penalty in my experience. I had great fun playing with it, but even more fun listening to music after I turned room correction off!

In the end I think the UMik-1 is best for verifying speaker placement and room treatments, rather than for mucking with the data stream…