The Best 👌

Reminds me of the Blackadder sketch “Potato Blackadder?”
“No thank you, I don’t”

4 Likes

Because Belgian mayonaise is so much better than French?

I would simply never wear a pair of underpants with the name ‘comfy balls’ on the front, if there were even the remotest prospect of my being in the lucky situation of undressing in the presence of a member of the other sex.

I mean, goodness, there are certain things that a chap just should not do!

3 Likes

Same here, we are clearly not the intended demographic!

1 Like

It’s them Scandinavian’s Graham.
Peculiar lot…:rofl:

1 Like

I am trying to imagine if there could be such a demographic, and not getting any hits!

2 Likes

Does this count?

2 Likes

I’d imagine the younger generation of hipsters of the world might find it amusing.

I was astonished that when I showed my son the ‘Biggus Dickus’ sketch in Life of Brian the other day that he just didn’t find it remotely amusing. Generational gaps, say no more.

2 Likes

Bloody brilliant.
I remember watching it the first time it was shown and laughing so hard it hurt​:rofl::rofl:
“…Ball or Aerosol?”
“No! I want it for my Armpits.”:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Billy Connolly, very famously, had a version of that joke.

Man goes into a chemist, and asks for a deodorant.

Shopgirl asks ‘Is that a ball or a spray type that you’re wanting?’

Man replies ‘Neither. It’s for under the oxters’.

(‘Oxters’ being a Scottish word for armpits.)

I almost wet myself laughing at that when the Big Yin told it on ‘live’ TV in Scotland over 40 years ago, when I was watching in my grandparents’ living room.

4 Likes

I think your right, they are not for you.

In the absence of undressing in front of girls, alternatively you could don a pair, stand in front of the mirror and admire the slightly tounge in cheek marketing strategy (from a younger generation) give yourself a wry contented nod whilst muttering under your breath, “your right, these are comfy”. And all is well.

2 Likes

Umm…just tastes better than anything else. Only my opinion of course.

Obviously, it doesn’t beat a proper frietsaus for having with friet or frikandel. But then I wouldn’t want frietsaus anywhere near my salad or sandwich!

Mission accomplished, finally managed to find a pot.

Why are things like Bovril and Marmite stuck in stores where you’d least expect to find them

Spent ages in several supermarkets wandering around looking for them - maybe it’s a Sainsbury’s exclusive?

Would have expected it to be with Bovril/stock cubes etc, not sure why. Marmite versions were in the baking aisle for some reason.

1 Like

Nivir mind aw that … … … huv ye tasted it yet?

Fandabidosi. :scotland:

I work part time for a/the major Supermarket retailer in my semi-retirement. They are always moving locations of stuff so that you have to look /browse everywhere. Stops you going straight to what you want without seeing other stuff. It is quite scientific.

It really pisses off the customers and the staff.

7 Likes

Local M&S does the same.

1 Like

Yep, on toast with grilled cheese on top for lunch yesterady and today. Very moreish.

Also nice as a drink, probably less salty than bovril.

I shall have to try vegemite at some stage too.

I think Tesco had peanut marmite which sounded nice.

1 Like

Frietsaus is Dutch. Despite being Dutch myself I wouldn’t recommend that to anyone. Dutch mayonaise is also nothing to write home about, your French one would likely be much better. But good Belgian mayonaise is another level. Try to get hold of some and judge for yourself.

Indeed. I’ve forbidden all my relatives to buy frietsaus. Frietsaus is just another way to increase margins for the vendors. Less oil, more water and salt.

It’s disgusting really.

1 Like

I’ve always loved St John’s and have just been tonight to their new restaurant in Marylebone Lane. For puds I had the Eccles Cake with Mrs Kirkham’s Lancashire cheese. This is the best pudding in the whole world. ( For starters I had the deep fried rarebit and for the mains mince on beef dripping toast. This is what all restaurants should be like - sod fancy tasting menus)

8 Likes