The Big Naim reveal

No. The QB2 was the big reveal! Shame they did not sort out the product section of the website at the same time. Suggested systems is way out of date and product upgrades are not always representative of whats still available! These few things would be nice but maybe they are trying to push people towards buying on eBay these days?!!!

I wouldn’t be holding your breath,

Damm, I thought it was the updated uniti firmware

Thats quite a product launch this year for Naim , Muso2, QB2 and the new integrated amps. Interesting to see what is in the pipeline for next year.

We really should know better by now.

G

They did say it was little special on the place holder.

Perfect… I think you are on the money…

BTW I do think the marketing in the Qb2 is a bit grating… ‘re engineered from the ground up’ … I think they mean re designed or even perhaps re architected … then those would be the correct terms… I doubt there is much new engineering here, other than in a generic sense that occurs with any technical re design… it kind of belittles engineering to just a marketing label to sound more ‘trendy’ which perhaps because I am an engineer makes me suspicious.

1 Like

Nova users still waiting for patch repairs to the faulty last update must be delighted with Naim’s latest big reveal!
To add to the misery the current website is out of date in many areas.
I don’t know who’s idea all these supposedly big events are but somebody should have a word with them because they are doing Naim no favours.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it Simon. Engineers can do design but designers generally can’t do engineering. So re-engineered just means a proper person did it and not some marketing luvvy. Speaking as an engineer of course…

Best

David

6 Likes

Simon, despite looking very similar, the Mu-So2 was mostly all new, and I would guess that the Mu-So Qb2 is similar in this respect. So, assuming this was all done by R&D engineers, I think it’s fair to say it has been re-engineered from the ground up.

1 Like

In my experience, as yet another engineer, engineers have to make others ideas actually work!

2 Likes

A bit of fiddling with the integrated amps and a rework of the lifestyle products. Not exactly what I’d call ground breaking for Naim. Hopefully it’s just part of a long term plan to stabilise things and then really get some innovative engineering back out into the market.

I’m more than happy that naim did make a QB v2. This is on my shopping list along with a Nova in a few weeks. It’ll happily sit in my kitchen.
And It’d have been rather puzzling to offer a redesign or whatever you call it to the original muso leaving the QB behind the competition.
So a welcome update in my opinion.
However fixing the glitches affecting the Uniti platform would even be more welcome.
Come on Naim

2 Likes

Well I already have a bright pink 282. Maybe this is the style for things to come.

Seriously though, the last thread about their big announcement that turned out to be the new Muso range was one of the longest most boring threads ever after a time. I’d prefer to just have no teaser and the bandaid ripped off.

1 Like

I think that’s being unnecessarily negative; the new Naits look great and bringing the musos onto the new platform makes complete sense. The new streamers have gone down well and Naim are working at full capacity. What exactly is this ‘innovative engineering’ that they should be bringing to market? There are far too many engineers on here banging on about how much they know and generally how marvellous they are. Just because people are engineers doesn’t mean they know anything about what makes a sellable hifi product. I have a basic food hygiene certificate but it doesn’t mean I could run a restaurant.

8 Likes

While a new Mu-So may not have the excitement for some of you that a new Classic or Reference bit of kit would doubtless generate, It’s worth remembering that without the wider market success of the original Mu-so (and Qb), Naim would not have had the resources to develop the new streaming platform – which then led to Uniti and then more recently to the dedicated streamers.

Naim have now upgraded the Mu-so range to also include that new platform and further boost sales of these products, the proceeds of which will then fund further high-end developments. So even if Mu-so isn’t your thing, if you’re a Naim fan you’ll be benefitting somewhere down the line!

23 Likes

Just my opinion. I agree, the market is difficult and in the end they are a business. Richard has summarised things nicely above.

2 Likes

yes, and the marketing strategy for these more ‘mainstream’ products will always have a different style

I bought a heavily discounted Qb recently and assumed it (the discount) was because a new one was about to be launched. It’s a cute device perfect for internet radio or Spotify in our newly built garden room. So, not a surprise here.

Stu

Aha - so it’s like Porsche 911 owners moaning about Cayenne and Macan sales then? Hadn’t thought of it like that - though I have nothing against the muso products and might use one with the telly

4 Likes