The Grand Cafe

Night night sweetie, sweet dreams :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @Richard.Dane is my original thread returning?

From the dead?
:skull_and_crossbones:
ā€¦

As a zombie perhaps?
:zombie:

1 Like

Yes Iā€™m not really expecting it return, but no harm in asking.

Pete, is there any point?

2 Likes

I guess not, Iā€™ll just leave this open. It is nice to have somewhere we can discuss things without the worry of going off topic, especially for the non British members.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the difference there between British members and others?

2 Likes

We tend chatter on, often off topic which seems to worry some.

4 Likes

For non-Brits it is what you say, and for Brits it is how you say it.

This is not a golden rule but it gives some direction.

5 Likes

I didnā€™t say exclusively, anyone is welcome to post off topic or on (not that there is a topic). Itā€™s just nice to be able to just post a rant or comment. No biggie, thereā€™s always the option to just flick past.

1 Like

Absolutely, if you donā€™t like someoneā€™s opinions or style of posts, donā€™t read them, read them and ignore them or read them and challenge them without making it personal. Itā€™s not that difficult.

And the off topic points frequently are quite interesting and often tell you more about the person than do their ā€˜on-topicā€™ posts. :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

A slight drift, as I mentioned it in the past. I received my biopsy results today after two rounds of surgery on my face for Melanoma and are now clear.

My 3 inch scar will heal beautifully, but will last long enough for pirates night on the Cruise to the Edge in the Caribbean next month.

It will be champagne tomorrow night to double with our wedding anniversary :sunglasses:

38 Likes

Always good to get good news from your doctor, glad to hear youā€™re ok. Enjoy the bubblyā€¦

2 Likes

Wonderful news!
At tge end if the day health is far more precious than anything discussed in the forum.

4 Likes

Remember that we should not discuss being off topic in an off topic topic. Thats on topic and that contradicts its intention.

10 Likes

Yes and then someone will step in and complain. So stay on off topic please.

3 Likes

Only because how you say something is part of what you say, as it can alter the meaning of the assembled words!

3 Likes

I consider we share a lot in common with Brits (And Kiwis as well for that matter) but there are some subtle differences. Same goes with everyone, weā€™re individuals not just naughty boys and girls.

1 Like

Back off topic please people.

4 Likes

Sorry.:scream:

1 Like