The Cricket Thread

Yes yes, just don’t start a rugby thread :cry:

All in good time …

Good to have Gower back (watching on Now tv - I know it’s Sky by another name, but I pretend it’s different).
Looking forward to this test match,; it’s about time Ireland played at Lords.

It’s on pay tv here as well might watch a bit when the other half catches up on her beaut sleep. :scream:

1 Like

What number is he batting ?. Didn’t know we were so short of good batters nowadays !

1 Like

Will it surprise you that’ll I’ll be supporting the Irish.

Well, unarguably ‘your side’ is on top with England 36-3 (or 3-36) against what is a very gentle opening bowling attack albeit the conditions are enabling a fair bit of swing and seam.

I find the set-ups of many of the English batsmen very odd - bat faces often closed, guards on MO/Off, if not even Off, which makes you play across the line and fall towards cover.

If I were a betting person, I’d be down the bookies betting heavy on the Aussies in The Ashes.

Just listening to a few tunes before I go up stairs and have a look. 3/36 sounds interesting

Well, I did comment earlier in the thread that England’s top-3 batting order was open to question and that’s, once again, apparent from this game…and now Root’s gone 42-4.

They’ll be time for an unscheduled T20 game at this rate.

And another (Bairstow) - it’s embarrassing to say the least.

It seems the ‘Edit Function’ will enable me to update this post real-time throughout the length of England’s innings - now 43-7…………correction 67-9 after 20.1 overs.

Rumour has it Sky are seeking a refund of their rights monies on the basis this game can only be shown post the 9pm watershed in the UK, given the horror show that it is :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Well both the misses and I might get an early night.

1 Like

Is this a 20/20?

1 Like

England being taught a very clear lesson at Lords

Well done Ireland so far.

I hope that’s a one off
Why on earth did Joe bat first?

Agree Ireland played really well.

I suspect he wanted to see how the various batting candidates for Ashes’ spots would fare, as the bowling attack may largely choose itself through injuries(?). Batting second could have limited this (said, of course, with immense hindsight!).

Good thing we’re both not playing Ireland for the Ashes :scream:

Yes makes sense now why Joe chose to bat.
Now it’s a test of our powers of recovery, not convinced we’ll pass.
Essex has a player topping batting averages in county championship
His name is Sir Alistair Cook - wonder if … no, I guess not

Saw James Vince in T20 on TV kast night
Out first ball - getting too familiar, back to reality

Commentators seem to think England’s test shambles is hangover from WC, but Burns and Denley didn’t play in WC. Burns doesn’t look test match class to me (odd technique), but happy to be proved wrong.

1 Like

Sounds like the English press are already making excuses, why do they continually do that. You lost a couple games in the WC and they were righting off as well.

No one told him that Murtagh plays for Middlesex

Why are Ireland playing in the Ashes?

1 Like

Good thing you’re here Mike it’s safer. They’re not they’re playing a test.

1 Like