The Cricket Thread

Of course if you’re called Eoin and from Finchley then you’re likely to be special. (Written from my mum’s house in Finchley. :innocent:)

6 Likes

If you can it’s worth accessing highlights of the 4th T20 NZ v England - no spoilers from me, the match is in progress as I post this.

1 Like

Sorry been out having a drink. What do you want to know. Without giving too much away England is looking good

1 Like

Pete - I’ve been watching it, hence why I suggested getting a view of the highlights (assuming someone has missed the game - as it started 5am UK time).

Of course, the BBC website has a running update.

1 Like

I’m impressed with 242, NZ in all sorts of trouble at 9 for 155. Aus play Pakistan in half a hour. Warner and Smith have been in excellent form.

2 Likes

Heard the NZ reply. Eng are an interesting team at the moment, blooding youngsters with Morgan guiding them in the ways of the world.

1 Like

242 is a big score but the grounds are rather small in NZ. Aussies currently have Pakistan 5/79.

1 Like

Radio coverage had a glitch this morning so am relying on the ECB app. Not ideal.

Fantastic knocks from Dawid Malan and Eoin Morgan.
Great bowling from Matt Parkinson
Great fielding and very good bowling from Chris Jordan
Pat Brown needs to improve - average with the ball, mediocre in the field.

New Zealand started the chase well, but they needed a top order batsman to go big and it didn’t happen.

All set up nicely for Aukland.

1 Like

NZ v England last T20 - oh no, deja-vu :cricket_bat_and_ball::upside_down_face::smiley:

…who writes these scripts!

1 Like

Watching tennis (Barty), Fed Cup Final France v Aus. At a tense stage. Flick over soon

Or have I missed it completely :scream:

NZ are at the crease - get there quick!

For some strange reason it’s not on cable here, all the other games have been.

Woh, what’s has NZ ever done to you guys.

2 Likes

Another super over …
Who says cricket is boring!

2 Likes

I’m sure that New Zealanders are so in love with English Cricket now…

1 Like

They just won’t give in - they never sit back and let us win.
Great matches and I’d be first admit we have had that little bit of luck you need. Martin Guptil going over the boundary and just missing a catch. Dropped ball at wicket by Trent Bolt when runout seemed certain. Then a super over. Not things you see very often.

I think the test matches may be a different story though especially if Kane Williamson is fit.

My only bad moment in the series was when Pat Brown argued with the umpire in the 4th match. Really irritated me - hope he learns that a wide is a wide. Otherwise great spirit from both sides.

2 Likes

Injecting levity into the current test match in NZ (from FB).

2 Likes

Congratulations to New Zealand who were better than us in 4 departments: captaincy, batting, bowling and fielding. We were well and truly thrashed. Only Joe Denly and Ben Stokes offered resistance. Special mention for BJ Watling with the bat and gloves and Essex star, Neil Wagner, with the ball.

Amazingly at the end of day one and day two, I thought England was on top, but BJ changed all that.

Maybe we can make it 1-1 for the series, but we’ll have to play very much better as I doubt NZ will become complacent.

Well done Kiwis.

2 Likes