The Cricket Thread

Probably both, was just reading an article in the local news they are confident they’ll have resolved before Boxing Day.

1 Like

Good. We have some matting rolled up in the Pavillion we don’t need until nets start…

2 Likes

Isn’t it time drop in pitches were consigned to the compost heap?
Surely cricket in Australia deserves dedicated squares and stadia?

1 Like

Trouble is the MCG is also the main ground of Aussie Rules which draws upward of 90,000 people for a club game. Fortunately it’s about money.

That should be unfortunately. Don’t if I can blame Siri for that.

1 Like

Surely the mcg organisers could drop in a new pitch, I guess it must be too late. Looking forwards to Friday’s test in Perth

Doctors now want them to delay the start as on the weekend it’s expected to reach 40c + (104f +).

Aussies win the toss and are having a bat. Apparently Mr Pain is a little gun shy of bowling first. Can’t imagine why. :thinking:

1 Like

Another NZ batting collapse. Sure we can save a draw, but it will need a miracle.

1 Like

I don’t know, thought you guys fought back last night. Aussies 6-167, a lead of around 417. Seems bowling under lights with the pink ball is all batsman’s nightmare.

Think a draw is now looking less likely.

Yes. Well played Australia. We miss the lush and verdant playing conditions of home. With any luck we’ll be more competitive in the second test once we have acclimatised- hopefully!

1 Like

I think so…

1 Like

Did you sleep in :rofl:.

1 Like

Ben Stokes - sports personality of the year.
Zero to hero - well done Ben.

3 Likes

There’s a couple of Aussies that you could probably say are in the same boat.

1 Like

Let’s hope so …

1 Like

Do they show the BBL in England?

Yes it is on BT Sport 1. Just need to get up in the morning to watch it, more difficult now I am retired!!

1 Like

Thought that would’ve made it better easier.